By the Numbers | International Play; Season Winding Down
Orlando City has 3 players that are away with their respective National teams currently. Yoshi Yotun (Peru), Amro Tarek (Egypt), and Mohamed El-Munir (Libya). All three will miss the game Oct. 17th vs. Seattle, but return to the Club later this week.
Yoshi Yotun played 90 minutes in Peru's 3-0 win over Chile on Friday. Yotun has been awarded 79 caps with the team.
Chris Mueller leads all rookies with 21 starts this season. This puts him along the top of the list of the Rookie of the Year tracker with 29 GP, 21 GS, 1894 minutes, 3 goals, and 6 assists.
Lamine Sane wore the captain's armband for the first time as a Lion. Sane is the 7th player to wear the armband across all competitions for City. The previous six players to have the honor were Jonathan Spector, Sacha Kljestan, RJ Allen, Yoshi Yotun, Dom Dwyer, and Will Johnson (in chronological order).
Cristian Higuita became the club's all time MLS appearance leader with 93 appearances. He passed GK Joe Bendik who is at 92 appearances.
95 & 96
Alex Morgan scored her 95th and 96th career international goals for the US in the CONCACAF Women's Gold Cup. Morgan currently leads the US with 6 goals in the tournament.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 16, 2018
- Aaron Long Earns First Career USMNT Cap - New York Red Bulls
- Game Notes: Sounders FC at Orlando City SC - October 17, 2018 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Orlando City Hosts Seattle in Penultimate Home Game - Orlando City SC
- LA Galaxy to Host Fan Appreciation Day on October 28 at StubHub Center During Final MLS Regular Season Match - LA Galaxy
- BBVA Compass Stadium to Host FÃºtbol & Football Doubleheader on Saturday, November 17 - Houston Dynamo
- By the Numbers | International Play; Season Winding Down - Orlando City SC
- Statement from Colorado Rapids Owner E. Stanley Kroenke on the Passing of Paul Allen - Colorado Rapids
- Preview: Playoff-Bound Sporting KC Visits Vancouver on Wednesday - Sporting Kansas City
- LAFC Forward Carlos Vela Voted Alcatel MLS Player of the Week - Los Angeles FC
- Los Angeles Football Club Forward Carlos Vela Voted Alcatel MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Know Your Opponent | Seattle Sounders - Orlando City SC
- Colorado Rapids Recall Five Players from USL Loan - Colorado Rapids
- MNUFC Announces Events for Fan Appreciation Night - Minnesota United FC
- ESPN to Broadcast Chicago Fire at Atlanta United FC Match on Sunday - Chicago Fire
- ESPN to Air MLS Soccer Sunday Doubleheader on October 21 - MLS
- Philadelphia Union to Host College Clash eSports Tournament - Philadelphia Union
- Best in Show: Atlanta, Red Bulls Pursue Supporters' Shield Supremacy - This Week in MLS - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando City SC Stories
- Lions Earn 1-0 Victory over Vancouver
- Storylines | City vs. Vancouver Whitecaps
- Orlando City Soccer Club and ParkWhiz Team up to Provide Fans a Better Game Day Experience
- Preview: Orlando City to Face Vancouver on Saturday
- Sebas Mendez Providing Crucial Ver Satility in City's Midfield