ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension
January 16, 2021 - ECHL (ECHL) News Release
PRINCETON, N.J. - The ECHL on Saturday announced that Utah's Teigan Zahn has been suspended for two games and fined an undisclosed amount as a result of his actions in ECHL Game #72, Kansas City at Utah, on Jan. 15.
Zahn was assessed a match penalty for illegal check to the head under Rule #48.5 at 8:38 of the first period. He is fined and suspended under Rule #28 - Supplementary Discipline.
Zahn will miss Utah's games against Kansas City tonight (Jan.16) and Monday (Jan. 18).
Under the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the ECHL and the Professional Hockey Players' Association, player fines collected by the ECHL are given to the PHPA for its ECHL Player's Hardship Fund.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 16, 2021
- Mavs Take Down Grizzlies in Overtime, Win 5-4 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Lackey makes 41 saves in 6-3 Solar Bears loss to Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Stingrays Prevail in Saturday Night Shootout - South Carolina Stingrays
- Greenville Extends Point Streak to Eight in Shootout Loss - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Florida Showcases Offense in Win over Orlando - Florida Everblades
- IceMen Agree to Terms with Goaltender Trevor Gorsuch - Jacksonville Icemen
- Forward Vela Joins Florida - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - January 16 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Vitek Vanecek Wins in NHL Debut with Washington - South Carolina Stingrays
- Game Preview: Swamp Rabbits at Stingrays, 6:05 PM - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Game Preview: Stingrays vs. Swamp Rabbits, January 16 at 6:05 PM - South Carolina Stingrays
- Grizzlies Preview - Utah Grizzlies
- Blades to Visit Bears in Road Bout - Florida Everblades
- Tulsa Takes Game One of "Three-In-ThreeÃ¢ÂÂ Series - Rapid City Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.