Earthquakes Acquire SuperDraft Selection in Trade with Inter Miami CF
SAN JOSE, Calif. - The San Jose Earthquakes announced today that the club has acquired the first pick in the second round of the 2020 MLS SuperDraft (No. 27 overall) from Inter Miami CF in exchange for the Homegrown Rights to University of California goalkeeper Drake Callender. San Jose can also receive up to 150k in General Allocation Money (GAM) should Callender meet certain performance-based metrics.
"Drake is a longtime member of the Quakes family," said Earthquakes general manager Jesse Fioranelli. "We are very confident in the goalkeepers on our roster, both for the present and future, and after careful consideration have decided this move would be best for all parties involved."
The Quakes now hold five selections in the 2020 MLS SuperDraft, including three of the first 38 picks overall (Nos. 12, 27, 38, 64 and 90).
Transaction: San Jose Earthquakes (MLS) - Earthquakes acquire a second-round selection in the 2020 MLS SuperDraft (No. 27 overall) from Inter Miami CF in exchange for the Homegrown Rights to GK Drake Callender.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 12, 2019
- Inter Miami Academy to Compete in 2019 International Champions Cup Futures Tournament - Inter Miami
- Inter Miami CF Acquires Homegrown Player Rights for Goalkeeper Drake Callender from the San Jose Earthquakes - Inter Miami
- Washington Spirit Extends Partnership with D.C. United and Loudoun United FC to Host Four Matches at Audi Field in Addition to Four Games at Segra Field in 2020 - D.C. United
- Earthquakes Acquire SuperDraft Selection in Trade with Inter Miami CF - San Jose Earthquakes
- LA Galaxy Acquire General Allocation Money in Trade with Nashville Soccer Club - LA Galaxy
- Nashville SC Adds Defender David Romney to 2020 Major League Soccer Roster Via Trade with LA Galaxy - Nashville SC
- Nashville SC Acquires Veteran Midfielder and Leader Dax McCarty in Trade with Chicago Fire - Nashville SC
- Chicago Fire Receives $100,000 in Allocation Money from Nashville SC - Chicago Fire
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Jose Earthquakes Stories
- Earthquakes 2020 Home Opener Set for February 29 vs. Toronto FC
- Stage Set for 2019 NCAA Women's College Cup at Avaya Stadium
- Earthquakes, Verizon to Offer Fans Enhanced Matchday Experience
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: November 25, 2019
- Earthquakes Announce Roster Moves Ahead of 2020 MLS Season