Chicago Fire Receives $100,000 in Allocation Money from Nashville SC
CHICAGO - The Chicago Fire Soccer Club today announced that it has received $50,000 in 2020 General Allocation Money, $50,000 in 2020 Targeted Allocation Money and a second round pick in the 2021 MLS SuperDraft from Nashville SC. In exchange, Chicago traded midfielder Dax McCarty to Nashville.
"We are entering a new cycle with the team's roster," said Chicago Fire President and General Manager Nelson RodrÃguez. "Dax helped us through an important stage in the Club's history and he will be remembered among our fans' most favorite players. We wish Dax and his family all the best with their new opportunity in Nashville."
McCarty, 32, was originally acquired by the Fire from the New York Red Bulls on Jan. 16, 2017. McCarty made 86 regular season appearances (86 starts) across the last three seasons for the Fire, tallying one goal and 12 assists during that stretch. McCarty also made one postseason appearance for the Club after helping to guide Chicago to the third-best record in MLS in 2017. Additionally, the midfielder was named to the 2017 MLS All-Star team by head coach Veljko PaunoviÄ, earning his second career MLS All-Star selection.
In 2020, the Fire will return to Soldier Field for its 23rd MLS campaign. Fans can secure a seat for the Club's 2020 MLS Home Opener on March 21 against Atlanta United FC, or any game of the regular season, with a refundable $20 ticket deposit. Season tickets for the 2020 season are also currently on sale, with packages starting at $25 per game. More information is available at www.chicago-fire.com/tickets.
Transaction: Chicago Fire Soccer Club acquires $50,000 in 2020 General Allocation Money, $50,000 in 2020 Targeted Allocation Money and a second round pick in the 2021 MLS SuperDraft from Nashville SC in exchange for midfielder Dax McCarty on Nov. 12, 2019.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 12, 2019
- Inter Miami Academy to Compete in 2019 International Champions Cup Futures Tournament - Inter Miami CF
- Inter Miami CF Acquires Homegrown Player Rights for Goalkeeper Drake Callender from the San Jose Earthquakes - Inter Miami CF
- Washington Spirit Extends Partnership with D.C. United and Loudoun United FC to Host Four Matches at Audi Field in Addition to Four Games at Segra Field in 2020 - D.C. United
- Earthquakes Acquire SuperDraft Selection in Trade with Inter Miami CF - San Jose Earthquakes
- LA Galaxy Acquire General Allocation Money in Trade with Nashville Soccer Club - LA Galaxy
- Nashville SC Adds Defender David Romney to 2020 Major League Soccer Roster Via Trade with LA Galaxy - Nashville SC
- Nashville SC Acquires Veteran Midfielder and Leader Dax McCarty in Trade with Chicago Fire - Nashville SC
- Chicago Fire Receives $100,000 in Allocation Money from Nashville SC - Chicago Fire
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire Stories
- Chicago Fire FC Midfielder Djordje Mihailovic and Defender/Midfielder Mauricio Pineda Called up to U.S. Men's National Team
- Chicago Fire FC Declines 2021 Contract Option for Midfielder Brandt Bronico
- Chicago Fire FC Acquires 21-Year-Old Defender Jhon Espinoza
- Robert Beric and Mauricio Pineda Announced as 2020 Chicago Fire FC Award Winners
- Chicago Fire FC Acquires 20-Year-Old Nigerian Striker Chinonso Offor