Early Lead not Enough to Hold off Wingnuts
Wichita- The Grand Prairie AirHogs jumped to a 3-0 lead in Wichita but it wasn't enough as the Wingnuts were able to come back and win 5-3 Friday night at Lawrence-Dumont Stadium. Most of the runs came off of Andres Rodriguez's 14th home run of the season. Rodriguez had a two run shot in the first inning. Scoring on that two-run home run was Brandon Pinckney who scored twice in the game. Rodriguez went 2-for-3 and Pinckney went 1-for-3. Palmer Karr Jr. picked up the other RBI in the game going 2-for-3.
Receiving the loss for the AirHogs was Curtis Camilli who went four innings allowing five runs on seven hits. Stephen Nikonchik went two innings after Camilli striking out three Wingnuts allowing only one hit and no runs. Chase Johnson, David Quinowski, Jakob Cunningham and Boomer Potts finished the game all of which allowed no more runs.
With the loss the AirHogs fall to 2.5 games behind the South Division leading Laredo Lemurs. The AirHogs hope to gain some ground in Game 2 against the Wichita Wingnuts. Game 2 starts at 7:05 P.M. Saturday night at Lawrence-Dumont Stadium.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 24, 2013
- Sox Rack up the Ks, Topple Saltdogs - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Birds' second straight sellout spoiled by Winnipeg - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Hamburger Sets Single-Season Strikeout Mark, But Saints Shutout Again 6-0 - St. Paul Saints
- Winnipeg Goldeyes News Make It Five in a Row for the Fish - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Sox win third straight game - Amarillo ThunderHeads
- Klipp Deals against AirHogs - Wichita Wingnuts
- Hiscock Shuts out Saints - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Jones, T-Bones Power Past RedHawks, 10-3 - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Saints Send Outfielder Jose Hernandez to Fargo in Exchange for Three Players - St. Paul Saints
- Wichita Wingnuts Game Notes - August 24th, 2013 - Wichita Wingnuts
- RedHawks Acquire Hernandez from St. Paul - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Early Lead not Enough to Hold off Wingnuts - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- American Association Results - AA
- El Paso Hands Explorers Sixth Straight Loss - Sioux City Explorers
- Diablos top Sioux City in Game 1, 5-2! - El Paso Diablos
- Saints Score Plenty, But Lose for Fourth Straight Time 12-6 - St. Paul Saints
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Prairie AirHogs Stories
- Weekend Ballpark Parking Announced
- AirHogs Outduel Lemurs
- AirHogs Rally late to Beat ThunderHeads
- Even Year Old Heart Recipient Throws Out Ceremonial First Pitch
- AirHogs Walk Over Lemurs