Dynamo, Liberman Broadcasting agree to multiyear broadcast partnership extension
HOUSTON, TX (Friday, January 25, 2013) -- The Houston Dynamo and Spanish-language radio partner Liberman Broadcasting have agreed to a multiyear broadcast partnership extension, it was announced today.
Liberman Broadcasting, which has broadcast Dynamo games since 2006, will air all Dynamo regular season and playoff games, with most games broadcast on KEYH 850 AM (La Ranchera), and select games airing on KNTE 101.7 FM (Baila). 850 AM will continue its weekly Dynamo radio show, La Hora del Dynamo, on Mondays from 6-7 p.m.
"I'm pleased to have extended our relationship with Liberman Broadcasting for another three years," said Dynamo president Chris Canetti. "Liberman has been our partner since day one, and this new deal means that we will be together for at least a decade. For a partnership to last this long, it means that both parties are enjoying positive benefits from it. I want to thank the Liberman management team for its commitment to the Dynamo. We look forward to a bright future ahead."
Daniel Mejía enters his fifth season as play-by-play commentator for Dynamo Spanish radio broadcasts and seventh overall season on Dynamo broadcasts. Game broadcasts will include a 30-minute pregame and 30-minute postgame show. Home games will also include a 30-minute call-in show following the postgame show.
"Liberman Broadcasting and KEYH 850 AM are proud to renew our partnership with the Houston Dynamo for the eighth consecutive season," said Liberman Houston general sales manager Wynette Ortiz. "Each year has brought more and more excitement to our listeners and Dynamo fans. We look forward to serving as the Spanish radio home of the Houston Dynamo for years to come and airing many championship seasons."
The Dynamo open the 2013 season on Saturday, March 2 when they host D.C. United at BBVA Compass Stadium in a rematch of the 2012 Eastern Conference Championship.
Dynamo full-season ticket packages start at $400 and include 20 home games. The club is also offering a new Family Season Ticket Package for the 2013 season. For every full price adult season ticket purchased for $400, fans can purchase an additional season ticket for a child 10 years or younger for just $200, located in the Texas Children's Health Plan Family Section (Section 201). To purchase your package or for more information on 2013 season tickets, call (713) 276-GOAL.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 25, 2013
- Basic objectives met in preseason opener vs. SKC - New England Revolution
- AEG President and CEO Tim Leiweke named 2012 Sports Executive of the Year - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Revs open up 2013 preseason schedule with scoreless draw - New England Revolution
- Chicago Fire Loan Alvaro Fernandez to Al Rayyan - Chicago Fire
- Corey Ashe, Omar Cummings Undergo Surgery - Houston Dynamo
- Galaxy midfielder Michael Stephens aiming for a starting role in 2013 - Los Angeles Galaxy
- San Jose Earthquakes Sign Defenders Gargan, Harden - San Jose Earthquakes
- Revs Sign Forward Matt Horth - New England Revolution
- D.C. United Releases Long Tan - D.C. United
- Galaxy announce local television broadcast schedules - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Rapids sign midfielder Nick LaBrocca - Colorado Rapids
- Columbus Crew Receives Multiple Club Honors - Columbus Crew SC
- D.C. United acquires Casey Townsend from Chivas USA - D.C. United
- Chivas USA trades forward Casey Townsend - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Defender Martin Bonjour Moves On - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Rapids acquire forward Charles Eloundou in MLS lottery - Colorado Rapids
- Dynamo, Liberman Broadcasting agree to multiyear broadcast partnership extension - Houston Dynamo
- Individual tickets for first two home games on sale tomorrow at BBVA Compass Stadium - Houston Dynamo
- D.C. United signs Indonesian midfielder Syamsir Alam on loan - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Houston Dynamo Stories
- Dynamo MF Eric Alexander Selected by FC Cincinnati in MLS Expansion Draft
- Dynamo Protect 11 Players Ahead of MLS Expansion Draft
- Houston Dynamo to Face CD Guastatoya in Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Round of 16
- 2019 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Draw to Take Place Today at 6 p.m.
- Dynamo DF Dylan Remick Announces Retirement