Dunedin Looks to Clinch with a Win against the Fire Frogs
TODAY'S GAME: Dunedin takes on the Florida Fire Frogs for Game One of a doubleheader and four game series. WITH A WIN TODAY, DUNEDIN WILL CLINCH THE FIRST HALF FSL DIVISION TITLE IN THE NORTH.
PUSH FOR 2,500: The Dunedin organization is closing in on 2,500 wins in franchise history. Dating back to the inception of the Dunedin organization in 1978, the Blue Jays come into play tonight with a .522 winning percentage and are in need of 9 wins to reach the 2,500 mark combined between regular and post-season play. Additionally, Dunedin is just 23 regular season wins away from 2,500 regular season victories in franchise history.
VIEW FROM THE TOP: Dunedin comes in having won eight of 11, 12 of 16, and 15 of their last 20 games dating back to May 19th. The D-Jays come into play this evening holding a four and a half game lead over second place Daytona and Clearwater in the FSL North Division Standings with six games to play in the first half of the Florida State League. The current magic number for the D-Jays to clinch the division and a postseason spot sits at ONE with six to play. When the Blue Jays woke up this morning, they are holders of the best winning perecentage in all of the FSL for the first time since May of 2016, the most wins in the league and the best overall winning percentage up and down the entire Toronto Organization.
• Discuss this story on the Florida State League message board...
Florida State League Stories from June 11, 2019
- Blue Jays Batter Florida in Twin Bill Sweep - Florida Fire Frogs
- Stanton Homers, But Fort Myers Sweeps Doubleheader - Tampa Tarpons
- Seven-Run Second Leads 'Tugas over Tigers, 9-4 - Daytona Tortugas
- Ervin Santana, Zabaleta Combine for 5-0 Shutout - St. Lucie Mets
- Miracle Clinch South Division Title - Fort Myers Miracle
- Stone Crabs and Marauders Suspended in Third Inning - Charlotte Stone Crabs
- Magic Number to Clinch South Division Is 1 - Fort Myers Miracle
- Stone Crabs Game Notes - Tue, June 11 vs Bradenton - Charlotte Stone Crabs
- Dunedin Looks to Clinch with a Win against the Fire Frogs - Dunedin Blue Jays
- Fort Myers Miracle Welcome Stanley from the Office to Hammond Stadium on June 28 - Fort Myers Miracle
- OF/DH Giancarlo Stanton to Rejoin Tarpons on Rehab Assignment - Tampa Tarpons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.