Stone Crabs and Marauders Suspended in Third Inning
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla. - Stone Crabs starting pitcher Joe Ryan struck out seven over three innings before rain caused Tuesday's game at Charlotte Sports Park to be suspended in the third inning with Bradenton leading 1-0.
The game will be resumed in Bradenton at 10:30 a.m. on Wednesday, with the Stone Crabs (33-30) threatening in the bottom of the third. Trailing by one, Ronaldo Hernandnez will inherit a 2-1 count with runners at second and third and two outs.
Ryan allowed one run on just two hits over three innings, striking out seven of the 12 batters he faced.
The game's only run came in the bottom of the second on a Dylan Busby solo home run to left center.
After Tuesday's suspended game is completed, the Stone Crabs and Marauders will play a seven-inning game at LECOM Park. Shane McClanahan is scheduled to make his High-A debut for Charlotte, against Max Kranick of the Marauders. Coverage of the doubleheader begins at 10:15 a.m. on the Stone Crabs Baseball Network.
• Discuss this story on the Florida State League message board...
Florida State League Stories from June 11, 2019
- Blue Jays Batter Florida in Twin Bill Sweep - Florida Fire Frogs
- Stanton Homers, But Fort Myers Sweeps Doubleheader - Tampa Tarpons
- Seven-Run Second Leads 'Tugas over Tigers, 9-4 - Daytona Tortugas
- Ervin Santana, Zabaleta Combine for 5-0 Shutout - St. Lucie Mets
- Miracle Clinch South Division Title - Fort Myers Miracle
- Stone Crabs and Marauders Suspended in Third Inning - Charlotte Stone Crabs
- Magic Number to Clinch South Division Is 1 - Fort Myers Miracle
- Stone Crabs Game Notes - Tue, June 11 vs Bradenton - Charlotte Stone Crabs
- Dunedin Looks to Clinch with a Win against the Fire Frogs - Dunedin Blue Jays
- Fort Myers Miracle Welcome Stanley from the Office to Hammond Stadium on June 28 - Fort Myers Miracle
- OF/DH Giancarlo Stanton to Rejoin Tarpons on Rehab Assignment - Tampa Tarpons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.