Drillers Drop Series Opener to the Naturals
Springdale, AR- The Tulsa Drillers and the Northwest Arkansas Naturals met for the first time this season Monday night as they opened a three-game series in Springdale. Tulsa was hot early, scoring three in the third, but the Naturals responded scoring seven in their half of the third on Tulsa pitcher J.D. Martin. Those runs would prove to be enough for Northwest Arkansas, as two Naturals pitchers silenced the Drillers offense.
WHAT YOU MISSED:
The Drillers got the scoring in the in the top of third. After straight singles, an error by third baseman Emmanuel Rivera plated Cody Thomas and Jared Walker. Zach Reks gave the Drillers a 3-0 advantage a sacrifice fly.
The Naturals came right back with a big third inning. Three singles, two doubles, a pair of walks, a hit batsman and a sacrifice fly led to a seven-run inning for the Naturals.
In the fourth, Gavin Lux cut the deficit to 7-4 with a single that scored Walker.
Northwest Arkansas added one more in the sixth when Emmanuel Rivera singled, scoring Khalil Lee bringing the score to 8-4.
Tulsa's hot bats were slowed tonight by Naturals pitcher Conner Green who threw 100 pitches for the night.
Walker and Steve Berman each had a multi-hit night.
UP NEXT: Tulsa at Northwest Arkansas, Monday, May 14 at 7:05 PM at Arvest Ballpark in Springdale, AR. Tulsa pitcher TBD vs. RHP Jace Vines (1-4, 4.73 ERA).
• Discuss this story on the Texas League message board...
Texas League Stories from May 13, 2019
- Drillers Drop Series Opener to the Naturals - Tulsa Drillers
- Seven-Run Third Propels Naturals to Victory - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Kruczynski, Cards Top Travs - Arkansas Travelers
- Riders Edged by Hooks Monday Night - Frisco RoughRiders
- Carlos Martinez Expected to Rehab in Springfield on Wednesday - Springfield Cardinals
- Sod Poodles Outfielder Edward Olivares Named Texas League Player of the Week - Amarillo Sod Poodles
- Sod Poodles Fall in South Texas - Amarillo Sod Poodles
- Perez Named Texas League Pitcher of the Week - Springfield Cardinals
- Ramirez, Bullpen Snap Skid in South Texas - Amarillo Sod Poodles
- Abraham Toro Named TL Player of the Week - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Anatomy of a Catch: How Hooks' Chas McCormick Went Viral - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Former Astros Broadcaster Bill Brown to Join Hooks Booth Monday & Tuesday - Corpus Christi Hooks
- RockHounds Fall in Extras to Frisco - Midland RockHounds
- Homestand Highlights: May 13 - May 19 - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.