Doubleheader Information: Indianapolis Indians (65-54) at Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (61-56)
The Indians and RailRiders play a doubleheader tonight at PNC Field.
Location: PNC Field
Game 1 First Pitch: 5:05 p.m. EDT
Game 2 First Pitch: 30 minutes after conclusion of Game 1
Games #120 & #121 / Road #60 & #61: Indianapolis Indians (65-54) @ Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (61-56)
Game 1 Probables: RHP Nick Kingham (4-1, 2.32) vs. RHP Erik Swanson (1-2, 4.41)
Game 2 Probables: RHP Casey Sadler (6-5, 3.43) vs. LHP Justus Sheffield (5-3, 2.16)
Radio: Fox Sports 97.5 / AM 1260 / iHeart app (online stream only until 6 p.m. EDT)
TV: MiLB TV
From the Notes
POSTPONED: On the heels of getting swept by the PawSox over the weekend, the Indians got a breather on Monday when their game was rained out in Moos-ic, Pa. The postponement was Indy's sixth overall and first since mid-April. Indy had a game postponed at Buffalo on April 14 and its doubleheader with the Bisons postponed on April 15 due to ice and cold conditions. They were again postponed on April 16 at Syracuse and had the second game of a doubleheader on April 17 at Syracuse postponed because of snow.
LET'S PLAY TWO, RAILRIDERS: The Indians open a seven-game road trip tonight with a twin bill against Scranton/W-B, their first doubleheader against the RailRiders since the 2009 season. The two teams actually played two doubleheaders against one another that season -- the first on May 7 at Victory Field and the second on June 22 at PNC Field. The RailRiders swept the Indians on May 7, 7-2 and 9-3, but the Tribe returned the favor in Moosic, Pa. with 7-1 and 6-3 wins on June 22.
41,964: Victory Field welcome 41,964 fans through its gates in the three-game weekend series against Pawtucket, an average of 13,988 per game. Sunday's attendance of 14,057 was the fourth-largest Sunday home attendance in Victory Field's history (excluding three Sunday dates that fell on July 4 in 1999, 2004 and 2010) and largest since June 15, 2003 (14,569).
ATTENDANCE STANDINGS: Through 60 home openings, the Indians have an overall attendance of 525,657, an average of 8,761 per game. The Tribe are only behind Round Rock (534,478) in overall attendance and Round Rock (8,908) and Charlotte (8,893) in average attendance. The Indians have either led Minor League Baseball or set franchise attendance records in each of the past five seasons.
SWEPT BY THE PAWSOX: The PawSox took all three games over Indy this weekend at Victory Field, marking Pawtucket's fifth sweep of the Tribe at home or on the road since 1988. The PawSox swept Indy 2-0 at McCoy Stadium in 1989 before earning sweeps over Indy at Bush Stadium in 1991 (3-0) and Victory Field in 2001 (4-0) and 2004 (4-0).
A TALE OF TWO SERIES: The Indians hit .138 (4-for-29) with RISP in their three-game series vs. Pawtucket over the weekend. In Indy's three-game sweep over Lehigh Valley, the Tribe batted .393 (11-for-28) in those situations. For the season, Indy is batting .268 with RISP, the second-best mark in the IL in those situations behind only Durham (.271).
SO YOU'RE SAYING THERE'S A CHANCE: Since becoming the Triple-A affiliate of the Pirates in 2005, there have been only three Tribe players to finish with an average at or above .300 while qualifying among league leaders. Brian Myrow hit .307 in 2009, good for seventh in the IL, and both Matt Hague (6th, .309) and John Bowker (7th, .306) accomplished the feat in 2011. Kevin Newman (3rd, .306) is on the verge of becoming the fourth Tribe player to have that honor.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from August 14, 2018
- Bulls Even the Series - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Bisons Club Six Homers in 14-5 Win - Buffalo Bisons
- Big Inning Dooms Indy as SWB Wins Opener - Indianapolis Indians
- Buxton Homers, Gonsalves Deals in Wings 8-0 Win Tuesday - Rochester Red Wings
- Sanchez's Two-Run Single Caps Chiefs Ninth-Inning Comeback in 7-6 Win over Toledo - Syracuse Chiefs
- Shawaryn, Travis Lead PawSox to Doubleheader Split - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Bulls Even up Series - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Knights Drop Tuesday's Game to Bisons 14-5 - Charlotte Knights
- RailRiders Win in Five - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Stripers Beat Bats on Peterson's Double - Gwinnett Stripers
- Bats Drop Tight Game, 5-4 - Louisville Bats
- The Setup: Pigs Go for Series Win against Durham - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Individual Playoff Tickets Now Available - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Louisville Bats Notes: August 14 - Louisville Bats
- Durham Bulls Game Notes - Tuesday, August 14, 2018 - Durham Bulls
- Doubleheader Information: Indianapolis Indians (65-54) at Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (61-56) - Indianapolis Indians
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Charlotte (7:04 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- LHV Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Wings Celebrate "The Sandlot" on August 31 - Rochester Red Wings
- Syracuse Chiefs Announce 2018 Fan Wall of Fame Inductee: Marty Nave - Syracuse Chiefs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.