'Dogs Swept in Cleburne
CLEBURNE, Texas - Curt Smith hit his 10th homer of the year, but the 'Dogs were swept in an 11-2 loss to the Cleburne Railroaders at The Depot on Thursday night.
Smith opened the scoring with a solo homer on the 2nd pitch of the inning, but Cleburne scored 11 unanswered runs to win a sixth consecutive game against Lincoln - all at The Depot.
Shairon Martis made his 9th start of the year and gave up 10 runs - nine earned - over five-plus innings. Cleburne scored five times in the 2nd, including a two-run homer from Hunter Clanin and the first of two RBI doubles from K.C. Huth, and the Railroaders added one more in the 5th with five more in the 6th.
Forrestt Allday reached twice with a walk and a hit-by-pitch, while Christian Ibarra walked for a 39th time this season.
Cody Regis singled, and Josh Mazzola hit his second double in as many games, but the 'Dogs dropped their eighth consecutive road game and fifth straight game altogether.
Tyler Anderson gave up a run over two relief innings - only the second run he's allowed over his last eight appearances - and Austin Boyle worked a scoreless 8th inning.
Six of the nine Saltdogs starters had hits, but the top three in the order failed to record a hit.
The 'Dogs continue the road trip with their first visit to the Texas AirHogs in 2019 on Friday night. First pitch time from AirHogs Stadium is scheduled for 7:05 p.m., and pregame coverage will begin at 6:35 p.m. on ESPN Lincoln 101.5 FM/1480 AM.
The Saltdogs are playing their 19th season in Lincoln. All ticket and promo information can be found at saltdogs.com, and follow the 'Dogs on Twitter/Instagram @saltdogsball.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from July 18, 2019
- 'Roaders Bombard Saltdogs, Complete Sweep - Cleburne Railroaders
- Shoemaker Smashes Two Home Runs as Saints Remain Unbeaten in Home Series' with 8-6 Win over T-Bones - St. Paul Saints
- A Gem by Hilton Leads to a 4-0 AirHogs Victory - Texas AirHogs
- 'Dogs Swept in Cleburne - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Making a Splash, Saints Sign Former League MVP, Outfielder Josh Romanski, Pitcher Benji Waite - St. Paul Saints
- Goldeyes Announce Bacon Night - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- RailCats Activate Akanuma from Disabled List - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Tech Startup Launches in Gary, IN - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Walker Leads Milkmen to Second Straight Win - Milwaukee Milkmen
- Chicago with Late Comeback Takes Rubber Game - Sioux City Explorers
- Dogs Rally Late, Stun Explorers in Extras - Chicago Dogs
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Birds Score Three in Ninth But Fall at Winnipeg - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Early Offence Supports Six Scoreless from French - Winnipeg Goldeyes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.