Dock Spiders Sweep Green Bay in Doubleheader
The Fond du Lac Dock Spiders (35-26) took down the Green Bay Bullfrogs (23-39) sweeping Green Bay for the third time this season.
Green Bay: 0
Fond du Lac: 8
Green Bay, WI- Fond du Lac shutout the Green Bay Bullfrogs 8-0 behind a powerful 6th inning.Tyler Wardwell (Duke)started off the inning with his second triple on the season. Andrew Bullock (Western Carolina)would follow sending home the first run of the ball game. Alex Henwood (Nebraska)picked up a single in the inning as which would set up for more Dock Spiders runs. Duncan Hewitt (Butler)and Jack Wassel (Minnesota)each had RBI singles in the inning which made the lead 4-0. Fondy was able to tack on three more in the inning increasing the lead t 7-0.
Cole Zabowski (Ole Miss)got his team leading fourth home run of the season taking it over the right center field wall for the last run of the game.
Austin Wagner (Ellsworth CC) earned his sixth victory on the season in his seventh start. Wagner went for 6 2/3, allowing just five hits, while dishing out four strikeouts.
Green Bay: 6
Fond du Lac: 10
FOND DU LAC, WI- Another high performance game from the Fond du Lac Dock Spiders allowed the Spiders to take down the Bullfrogs 10-6.
This time around Fondy would jump off to an early lead behind three big innings. In the first frame Tyler Wardwell (Duke)sent home two runners with a base hit. The third run of the frame would be scored on a wild pitch.
Alex Erro (Northwestern) picked up his second hit of the ball game which came in the second and he would be sent home to score by fellow big ten player Zac Taylor (Illinois). Andrew Bullock (Western Carolina)then followed clearing the bases with a two out two RBI double making the lead 6-1.
Bullock would pick up his third RBI on the night to cap off the third straight three run inning giving Fond du Lac a 9-2 lead after three innings.
Fond du Lac finished the series vs. Green Bay with a 7-1 record which included three sweeps. After four straight losses Fond du Lac has found their way back into the win column with ten games left. The Dock Spiders will host Kalamazoo tomorrow night at 6:35 PM.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 1, 2018
- Sanchez Homers, Rox Fall in Extras - St. Cloud Rox
- Huskies Struggle in Wilmar; Swept by Stingers - Duluth Huskies
- Dock Spiders Sweep Green Bay in Doubleheader - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Honkers Sweep Express in Doubleheader - Rochester Honkers
- Mallards Drop Game Two against Rivets - Madison Mallards
- Bucks Shut out 5-0 by Larks in Game Two - Waterloo Bucks
- Woodchucks Fall to Bombers in Game Two of Double-Header - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Stingers Outduel Huskies in Game 1 of Doubleheader - Duluth Huskies
- Honkers Take Game One in Eau Claire - Rochester Honkers
- Rafters Win Tight Game One in Kalamazoo - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Stephens Registers Three Hits, Rox Fall to MoonDogs - St. Cloud Rox
- Watland Steers Mallards to 3-1 Win - Madison Mallards
- Bucks Take Game One 6-1 over Larks - Waterloo Bucks
- Woodchucks Drop Close Game in the Seventh Inning - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Mallards Ready for Two against the Rivets - Madison Mallards
- Bucks to Host 2019 NWL All-Star Game - Waterloo Bucks
- Rafters Play Two in Kalamazoo - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fond du Lac Dock Spiders Stories
- Dock Spiders Offer 2019 Holiday Pack
- 2020 Ticket Packages Now on Sale
- Dock Spiders Announce 2020 Schedule
- Dock Spiders Welcome Back Charbonneau
- Dock Spiders and Timber Rattlers Announce Staff Promotions