Bucks to Host 2019 NWL All-Star Game
Waterloo, Iowa - The Waterloo Bucks, in conjunction with the Northwoods League, have announced Cost Cutters Field at Riverfront Stadium will be the site of the 2019 Northwoods League All-Star Game. The annual event, which is traditionally held in late-July, will return to Waterloo for the first time since 1996.
"What a better way to celebrate the Bucks' 25th season by hosting the 25th Northwoods League All-Star Game," said Bucks general manager Dan Corbin. "We are excited and honored to partner with the League office to bring this grand event to the Cedar Valley and preparations are already under way. This is a tremendous opportunity to showcase the top talent from the world's largest organized baseball league to our community, and showcase our community to players, parents, professional scouts, and fans from throughout the United States."
The Northwoods League All-Star Game brings together the top talent from across the League as voted on by League coaches and media, with the best of the South Division facing off against the best of the North Division. Details of the annual event, which includes a banquet honoring the All-Star players from across the Northwoods League, Home Run Derby, and the Game itself, will be released in coming months. Individual All-Star Game tickets will go on sale in May.
"The Northwoods League is very excited to return to Riverfront Stadium, the site of its 2nd Annual All-Star Game, for the League's 25th All-Star Game" said Northwoods League President Gary Hoover. "Now known as Cost Cutters Field at Riverfront Stadium, the combination of premier Northwoods League talent playing in the recently improved ballpark in front of the great Waterloo area fans should make for a very exciting All-Star Game experience for everyone."
All Bucks home games are played at Cost Cutters Field at Riverfront Stadium where the team welcomed a new state of the art video board in 2016 thanks to a matching grant from the Black Hawk County Gaming Association. Team ownership has invested more than $200,000 in improvements since the end of the 2014 season including painted bleachers, public Wi-Fi, sound system, group outing areas, kids zone inflatables, and concessions equipment. Fans are encouraged to stay in touch with the Bucks by utilizing their website at www.waterloobucks.com or utilizing the Northwoods League Mobile App. Tickets are now on sale by calling the Bucks' Ticket Line at 319-232-5633.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 1, 2018
- Sanchez Homers, Rox Fall in Extras - St. Cloud Rox
- Huskies Struggle in Wilmar; Swept by Stingers - Duluth Huskies
- Dock Spiders Sweep Green Bay in Doubleheader - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Honkers Sweep Express in Doubleheader - Rochester Honkers
- Mallards Drop Game Two against Rivets - Madison Mallards
- Bucks Shut out 5-0 by Larks in Game Two - Waterloo Bucks
- Woodchucks Fall to Bombers in Game Two of Double-Header - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Stingers Outduel Huskies in Game 1 of Doubleheader - Duluth Huskies
- Honkers Take Game One in Eau Claire - Rochester Honkers
- Rafters Win Tight Game One in Kalamazoo - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Stephens Registers Three Hits, Rox Fall to MoonDogs - St. Cloud Rox
- Watland Steers Mallards to 3-1 Win - Madison Mallards
- Bucks Take Game One 6-1 over Larks - Waterloo Bucks
- Woodchucks Drop Close Game in the Seventh Inning - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Mallards Ready for Two against the Rivets - Madison Mallards
- Bucks to Host 2019 NWL All-Star Game - Waterloo Bucks
- Rafters Play Two in Kalamazoo - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.