Disastrous Fifth Leads to 9-3 Bucks Loss
The Waterloo Bucks (11-11) could not recover from a five-run fifth inning put up by the Thunder Bay Border Cats (8-14) on Monday evening, falling by a 9-3 final. With a La Crosse loss to Eau Claire, the Bucks remain in a tie for first place in the Great Plains-East subdivision.
Bennett Hostetler (2-5, R, SB) and Alex Ronnebaum (2-4, 2B, RBI) each produced multi-hit games for the Bucks, with Hostetler adding some flashy defense at shortstop.
Drew Irvine received the loss after going 6.0 innings of seven-hit baseball, allowing six runs, five earned while striking out two. Brett Lockwood (1.1 ip, 3K) and Connor Anderson (1.0 ip, BB) combined for 2.1 scoreless innings to finish out the game.
Waterloo hits the road on Tuesday to open a two-game road series with La Crosse, with first pitch at 6:35 p.m. on the Bucks Radio Network powered by 1650 The Fan.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from June 17, 2019
- Rafters Split with Mallards - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Stingers Top Mankato - Willmar Stingers
- Disastrous Fifth Leads to 9-3 Bucks Loss - Waterloo Bucks
- Bombers Come from Behind to Beat Kenosha - Battle Creek Bombers
- Booyah Can't Convert on RBI Opportunities - Green Bay Booyah
- Rox Sweep Huskies with 12-3 Victory - Duluth Huskies
- Pit Spitters Drop Series Finale - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Adam Frank Knocks in Three of Woodchucks Five Runs to Beat the Booyah - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Duluth Huskies Update with Marcus Pointer and Greg Culver - Duluth Huskies
- Rafters Look to Extend Win Streak at Home against Mallards - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Mallards Suit up for Two Road Games - Madison Mallards
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.