Booyah Can't Convert on RBI Opportunities
Wausau, WI - The Booyah left nine runners on base on the road in Wausau tonight, falling 5-2 to the Woodchucks, putting their record at 11-9 overall.
The Woodchucks started off the night on a high note, getting a two-run home run by Adam Frank in the bottom of the first inning to put Wisconsin up 2-0, and they never looked back. Freshman TJ Reeves made it 3-1 off of a solo shot out to left field in the third inning. The Woodchucks finished their scoring in the seventh and eighth, picking up runs off of Dave Rajeski and Chandler Ingram.
Zach Chappell was handed the loss for Green Bay on the mound. Chappell went four innings, giving up three earned runs, and fell to 0-1 on the season. For Rajeski and Ingram, they both gave up their first earned runs of the season. The two combined now have worked in twenty-five innings, letting two runs in.
At the plate, seven different Booyah batters had hits. Jacob Buchberger was the lone man to score on the day, once after an RBI single by Ty Herrenbruck, and the other by a wild pitch.
Green Bay looks to rebound tomorrow at home at 7:05 against the Fond du Lac Dock Spiders. This will be the second home game this season for the Booyah against Fond du Lac.
Images from this story
Green Bay Booyah line up for the National Anthem
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from June 17, 2019
- Rafters Split with Mallards - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Stingers Top Mankato - Willmar Stingers
- Disastrous Fifth Leads to 9-3 Bucks Loss - Waterloo Bucks
- Bombers Come from Behind to Beat Kenosha - Battle Creek Bombers
- Booyah Can't Convert on RBI Opportunities - Green Bay Booyah
- Rox Sweep Huskies with 12-3 Victory - Duluth Huskies
- Pit Spitters Drop Series Finale - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Adam Frank Knocks in Three of Woodchucks Five Runs to Beat the Booyah - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Duluth Huskies Update with Marcus Pointer and Greg Culver - Duluth Huskies
- Rafters Look to Extend Win Streak at Home against Mallards - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Mallards Suit up for Two Road Games - Madison Mallards
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.