DeLaVergne Leads Havoc to Shutout of Roanoke
The Huntsville Havoc rebounded from a tough 2-1 home loss last Saturday with an impressive 5-0 shutout of the Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs Friday night. Mike DeLaVergne got the starting nod in net for the first time since January 3rd and led his team with a 26-save shutout. Pat Condon scored the game winning goal with 11:54 to go in the first period. Kyle Sharkey added another exactly three minutes later. John Schiavo scored after a Roanoke defenseman pushed across a goal following a save from their goalie late in the first. Sy Nutkevitch added more security with two goals in the final period.
• Discuss this story on the Southern Professional Hockey League message board...
Southern Professional Hockey League Stories from January 24, 2020
- Missed Chances Cost Mayhem in Overtime Defeat - Macon Mayhem
- DeLaVergne Leads Havoc to Shutout of Roanoke - Huntsville Havoc
- Dawgs Shut out in Huntsville, 5-0 - Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs
- Levine, Rivermen Top Macon in Goaltending Duel, 2-1 - Peoria Rivermen
- Bulls Top Pensacola in Shoot Out - Birmingham Bulls
- Marksmen Score a Touchdown en route to Fifth-Straight Win - Fayetteville Marksmen
- Bolts Tally Three Power Play Goals in Loss to Marksmen - Evansville Thunderbolts
- Rivermen Defense Bolstered with Hamilton's Return - Peoria Rivermen
- Rail Yard Dawgs Game Notes: Rail Yard Dawg (9-15-5) at Havoc (18-9-3) - 8:00 PM - Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs
- Preview: Mayhem at Peoria Rivermen (Game 32) - Macon Mayhem
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.