Dayton Gems Weekly
Last Week's Recap - Weekly Record: 2-0-1
Friday, March 16 vs Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees (5-4 LOSS)
Saturday, March 17 @ Bloomington Blaze (6-1 WIN)
Sunday, March 18 vs Laredo Bucks (9-1 WIN)
Upcoming Community Appearances
Monday, March 19 @ Kids Club Party (Poelking Lanes South - 6pm)
Tuesday, March 20 @ Postgame party (Hooters on Miller Lane)
Wednesday, March 21 @ Valley View Elementary School (assembly with players)
Thursday, March 22 @ Earth Fare (6pm)
Saturday, March 24 @ Springboro Expo (Blade visit)
Dayton Gems Game Notes
Shoot to Thrill - The Gems outscored their opponents in last weekend's three games by a whopping 19-7.
Trainer of the Year - Dayton's Bryan Rogers was named the CHL's Athletic Trainer of the Year for 2012.
Jammed It for Jimmy - The Gems thawed the IceMen 4-3 in front of a season high crowd of 5,187 inside Hara Arena on Saturday, January 28. Portions of the ticket proceeds went to local teen cancer patient Jimmy Jenks, who dropped the ceremonial first puck.
Sign of the Times - February 25th's win over the Sundogs opened with a unique performance of the National Anthem by Fairborn middle school students, who "signed" the anthem in sign language.
Man of the Year - Gems captain Greg Labenski was named a finalist for the CHL's prestigious "Man of the Year" award.
Stellar Sterling - veteran netminder Larry Sterling continues to battle near the top of the CHL stat chart, maintaining the CHL's best save percentage of .925.
All Star Lutes - Brett Lutes represented the Gem City as the lone Gems player participating in the 2012 All Star Game. Lutes would earn two assists and a +5 rating to help his CHL All Star team beat the CHL's Arizona Sundogs 6-4.
The Closer - Dayton's Tim Hartung sits tied for most Game Winning Goals by a defenseman with 4, while leading the CHL's blueliners in Shootout Goals with 7. He was named CHL "Best shootout player" in 2012.
Powerplay Master - Brandon Naurato is tied for third in the CHL for most powerplay goals with 10.
Gems Ticket Information
Tickets to this week's Gems games at Hara Arena are still available by calling the Gems ticket office at 275-7777 or by visiting the "all new" www.DaytonGems.com.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 19, 2012
- Rush Fall 5-3 to Blaze - Rapid City Rush
- Blaze Score Come-From-Behind Win at Rapid City - Bloomington Blaze
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Dylan King Named to CHL's All-Rookie Team - Allen Americans
- Tulsa Oilers Weekly - Tulsa Oilers
- Dayton Gems Weekly - Dayton Gems
- Allen Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- Shots from the Point for March 19, 2012 - CHL
- Mavericks Weekly - Kansas City Mavericks
- Arizona Sundogs Weekly Update - Arizona Sundogs
- Dayton's Nic Polaski Named Oakley CHL Player of the Week - Dayton Gems
- Oakley CHL Player of the Week Announced - CHL
- Netminder Brown Returns to Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- Komet Frankie Deangelis Named All-CHL Defenseman - Fort Wayne Komets
- Rush Stars Shawn Limpright & Riley Weselowski Named to 2011-12 All-CHL Team - Rapid City Rush
- 2011-12 All-CHL Team Announced - CHL
- Marino Named to All-CHL Team; Brown Earns All-Rookie Honors - Quad City Mallards
- Mavericks' Forward Andrew Courtney Name to CHL All-Rookie Team - Kansas City Mavericks
- Thunder Weekly- March 19th - Wichita Thunder
- 2011-12 CHL All-Rookie Team Announced - Wichita Thunder
- Two Oilers Named to CHL All-Rookie Squad - Tulsa Oilers
- 2011-12 CHL All-Rookie Team Announced - CHL
- Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees Weekly - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Komets Clinch 52nd Playoff Berth; Mallards Here Wednesday, Gems Visit Friday and Sunday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Evansville IceMen Weekly - Evansville IceMen
- Weekly IceMen Notes 3-19-12 - Evansville IceMen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dayton Gems Stories
- Dayton Gems Donate Thousands of Dollars to Local Family & Area First Responders
- Dayton Gems End Season After 6-2 Loss to Komets Sunday
- Gems Play Season Finale Against Komets Today
- Gems Fall in Overtime to Komets 2-1 on Saturday Night
- Gems Host Komets for "Pack the House Night"