Dallas Stars Sign Defenseman Joseph Cecconi to a One-Year, Two-Way Contract
FRISCO, Texas - Dallas Stars General Manager Jim Nill announced today that the club has signed defenseman Joseph Cecconi to a one-year, two-way contract.
Cecconi, 24, recorded eight points (3-5=8) in 37 games during the 2020-21 campaign for the Texas Stars. Among team defensemen, he finished the season ranked third in points (8) and goals (3). The blueliner has registered 15 points (3-12=15) in 99 career AHL games in three seasons with Texas. Prior his professional career, Cecconi appeared in 147 career NCAA games over four seasons at University of Michigan and registered 62 points (9-53=62).
The 6-foot-3, 210-pound native of Youngstown, N.Y. was selected by Dallas in the fifth round (133rd overall) of the 2015 NHL Draft.
The Texas Stars are the primary development affiliate of the NHL's Dallas Stars. For more information, call (512) GO-STARS (467-8277) or visit TexasStars.com.
Images from this story
Texas Stars defenseman Joseph Cecconi
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from August 3, 2021
- Iowa Wild Announces Nate Dicasmirro and Nolan Yonkman as Assistant Coaches - Iowa Wild
- Bridgeport Islanders Agree to Terms with Six Forwards - Bridgeport Islanders
- Wolves' Single-Game Tickets Available to Public Wednesday - Chicago Wolves
- Dallas Stars Sign Defenseman Joseph Cecconi to a One-Year, Two-Way Contract - Texas Stars
- Admirals Sign Defenseman Jake McLaughlin - Milwaukee Admirals
- Kowalsky Named Bridgeport Assistant Coach - Bridgeport Islanders
- Moose Re-Sign Defencemen Bourque and Oligny - Manitoba Moose
- Michael Peca Named Amerks Assistant Coach - Rochester Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.