Dallas Signs Reece Scarlett to a One-Year, Two-Way Contract for 2018-19
FRISCO, Texas - Dallas Stars General Manager Jim Nill announced today that the club has signed defenseman Reece Scarlett to a one-year, two-way contract.
Scarlett, 25, split the 2017-18 season with the Texas Stars and the Springfield Thunderbirds of the American Hockey League (AHL). In 57 total contests, the blueliner recorded nine points (2-7=9) and 68 penalty minutes. He began the campaign with Springfield and amassed two points (1-1=2) and 22 penalty minutes over 13 games. After being acquired by Texas, he posted seven points (1-6=7) and 46 penalty minutes in 44 games. Scarlett skated in 22 games and recorded three assists (0-3=3) in the 2018 Calder Cup Playoffs, sharing third among club defensemen in postseason assists (3) and plus/minus rating (+3).
The blueliner has appeared in 273 regular-season AHL contests with the Albany Devils, Springfield Thunderbirds and Texas Stars. Overall, he has tallied 102 points (19-83=102) with 230 penalty minutes over his five seasons in the AHL. Scarlett has skated in 32 Calder Cup Playoff games and has recorded three assists (0-3=3).
The Texas Stars are the primary development affiliate of the NHL's Dallas Stars, and will begin their 10th anniversary season at H-E-B Center at Cedar Park in October. Full-season, 24-game and 12-game ticket packages for the 2018-19 campaign are on sale now. For more information, call (512) GO-STARS (467-8277) or visit TexasStars.com.
Images from this story
Texas Stars defenseman Reece Scarlett
(Andy Nietupski/Texas Stars)
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from June 26, 2018
- Dallas Signs Reece Scarlett to a One-Year, Two-Way Contract for 2018-19 - Texas Stars
- Penguins Announce Opening Date, Guaranteed Home Games - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Amerks Agree to Terms with Goaltender Adam Wilcox - Rochester Americans
- Anaheim Ducks to Host Development Camp Scrimmage July 1 at Anaheim Ice - San Diego Gulls
- IceHogs Community Initiatives Raise More Than $160,000 in 2017-18 - Rockford IceHogs
- Minnesota Wild Names Tom Kurvers Assistant General Manager - Iowa Wild
- Griffins Re-Sign Captain Matthew Ford for Two Years - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Spencer Carbery Named Head Coach of the Hershey Bears - Hershey Bears
- Gilles Bouchard Hired as Syracuse Crunch Assistant Coach - Syracuse Crunch
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.