Cyclones Sweep Three-Game Weekend Ahead of All-Star Break
Cincinnati, OH - The Cincinnati Cyclones (27-7-3-3) defeated the Indy Fuel, 4-2, on Sunday afternoon. Forwards Spencer Dorowicz, Pascal Aquin, and Mike Marnell, along with defenseman Tobie Bisson netted the goals for Cincinnati, who enter the All-Star Break in second place in the ECHL.
The bounces were going the Cyclones' way on the first, as 13:29 into the frame, Marnell threw a pass in front that deflected off of Dorowicz's skate an in to put Cincinnati ahead, 1-0. That lead became 2-0 roughly four minutes later when Aquin took a shot from the right side that trickled through the legs of Fuel goaltender Jason Pawloski.
The 2-0 Cyclones lead held up throughout the remainder of the first, and in the second Indy cut the deficit to 2-1 when former Cyclone Josh Shalla scored a power play tally, 9:56 into the frame. Cincinnati was not deterred and regained their two-goal advantage at the 15:28 mark when Bisson came into the right circle and snapped a shot in past Pawloski to give the 'Clones a 3-1 lead after 40 minutes.
In the third, the Cyclones struck once more early when Marnell buried a rebound in front following a shot from Bisson to send Cincinnati to a 4-1 lead, 6:19 into the frame. Indy added a second Shalla power play tally at the 12:52 mark, however that is all the offense the Fuel were able to muster, and the Cyclones held on for a 4-2 win.
Cincinnati outshot the Fuel, 30-28, with goaltender Jonas Johansson steering aside 26 in the win. The Cyclones next take the ice following the All-Star Break on Friday in Toledo against the Walleye. Face-off is scheduled for 7:15pm ET.
The 2018-19 season is HERE, a nd the Cincinnati Cyclones want YOU along for the ride!Single game, Group, and Season Tickets are on sale NOW by calling (513) 421-PUCK! Stay on top of all the latest team updates and information on Facebook, Twitter (@CincyCyclones), and Instagram, along with our website, www.cycloneshockey.com!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 20, 2019
- Late Pair of Goals Spoils Final Contest Before All-Star Break - Orlando Solar Bears
- Cyclones Take Home and Home Series - Indy Fuel
- Nolan Gluchowski Assigned to Steelheads from Texas Stars - Idaho Steelheads
- Gratton's Late Pair Gives Rays Series Victory - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cyclones Sweep Three-Game Weekend Ahead of All-Star Break - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Transactions - January 20 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Stingrays - Orlando Solar Bears
- Kelly Cup Playoffs MVP Award Named in Honor of June M. Kelly - ECHL
- Tolkinen, Wallin Return from Hartford - Maine Mariners
- Americans Close Weekend Series in Boise with a 4-3 OT Loss - Allen Americans
- Grizzlies Insider Adam Turner on 4-1 Guns N Hoses Win - Utah Grizzlies
- 10,529 Fans See Grizzlies 4-1 Win - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.