Cyclones Drop Game 3 in Toledo
Toledo, OH - The Cincinnati Cyclones fell 5-1 to the Toledo Walleye in Game 3 of the Central Division Final of the 2019 Kelly Cup Playoffs presented by Smile Direct Club. The Cyclones trail the best-of-seven series, 2-1. The Cyclones received their lone goal from forward Brady Vail.
Cincinnati struck first late in the opening period when Vail skated in to the slot following a pass from defenseman Arvin Atwal, and he rifled a shot in under the crossbar to put the Cyclones on top, 1-0.
The 1-0 Cincinnati lead held up throughout the remainder of the first, and in the second Toledo struck twice on goals from forwards Bryan Moore and Greg Wolfe to take the lead, 2-1, heading into the third period.
In the third period, Toledo pushed their lead to 3-1 with 6:10 remaining when forward Moore netted his second of the game on the power play. The Walleye received an empty netter from defenseman Trevor Hamilton at the 19:35 mark to push their lead to 4-1, and they capped off their 5-1 win with Wolfe's second of the night with four seconds remaining.
Cincinnati was outshot, 38-32 on the evening, with goaltender Michael Houser steering aside 33 in the loss. The teams next take the ice on Friday in Game 4 from Toledo. Face-off is scheduled for 7:35pm ET.
The 2018-19 season has come to an end and the 2019 Kelly Cup Playoffs presented by Smile Direct Club are HERE! The 2018-19 ECHL Brabham Cup Champion Cincinnati Cyclones want YOU along for the ride, and playoff tickets are on sale NOW starting at $18 per seat for single game tickets and $15 per seat for groups of 20 or more! Call (513) 421-PUCK for tickets and more information, and stay on top of all the latest team updates and information on Facebook, Twitter (@CincyCyclones), and Instagram, along with our website, www.cycloneshockey.com!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from May 1, 2019
- Monarchs Fall, 4-3, in Game 4 - Manchester Monarchs
- Cyclones Drop Game 3 in Toledo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Growlers Take 3-1 Series Lead, Defeat Monarchs 4-3 - Newfoundland Growlers
- ECHL Transactions - May 1 - ECHL
- Mavericks Trainer Nick Potter Wins ECHL Athletic Trainer of the Year Award - Kansas City Mavericks
- Kansas City's Potter Receives ECHL Athletic Trainer of the Year Award Presented by Warrior Hockey - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview: 2019 Kelly Cup Playoffs- Central Division Final, Game 3 vs. Toledo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Jeremy Helvig Recalled to AHL's Charlotte Checkers - Florida Everblades
- Steelheads Come Close, Fall 1-0 to Oilers in Game 3 - Idaho Steelheads
- Williams Blanks Steelheads as Oilers Take 3-0 Series Lead - Tulsa Oilers
- Comeback Kids: 'Blades Rally to Drop Solar Bears in Overtime - Florida Everblades
- Solar Bears Fall 3-2 in OT to Everblades in Game 3 - Orlando Solar Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.