Cyclones Acquire Andrew Conboy in Three-Team Trade
CINCINNATI, Ohio - The Cincinnati Cyclones, proud affiliate of the NHL's Florida Panthers and Nashville Predators, announced today that they have acquired forward Andrew Conboy from the Trenton Titans as a part of a three-team trade. This move completes the Cyclones deal with the Wheeling Nailers on November 30 that sent defenseman Andrew Hotham to the Nailers in exchange for future considerations.
Conboy, a fifth-round pick of the Montreal Canadiens in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, will make his Cincinnati debut tonight after starting his 2012-13 campaign with the Trenton Titans. The 24-year old had accumulated seven points (1 goal, 6 assists) and 101 penalty minutes in 20 games before the trade. Prior to this year, Conboy spent the last three-plus seasons in the American Hockey League with the Hamilton Bulldogs. During his time at the Triple-A level, he amassed 38 points (22 goals, 16 assists) and 207 penalty minutes.
Cincinnati will continue their four-game road swing by visiting the Evansville IceMen TONIGHT at 8:15pm ET. Fans can hear all the action on the Cyclones Radio Network (CyclonesHockey.com/America One/Cyclones Mobile App) beginning at 7:55pm ET.
The Cyclones will return to the ice at U.S. Bank Arena on Saturday, January 5 when they play host to the Fort Wayne Komets at 7:30pm. It will be Throwback Night where fans can purchase $8 tickets while enjoying $1 John Morrell Hot Dogs, Donatos Pizza, Soda, and Beer! Plus, the game will also feature the annual Teddy Bear Toss; fans will be encouraged to bring a new or gently loved stuffed animal to throw onto the ice after the Cyclones first goal. The collection of plush will be donated to the Cincinnati Police Department. Call 513.421.PUCK or visit CyclonesHockey.com to reserve your seats! Fans can also get the latest team updates throughout the season on Facebook and Twitter (@CincyCyclones).
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 29, 2012
- Conboy's Late Goal Caps off Cyclones Comeback Win, 4-3 over Evansville - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Greenville Downed by Gwinnett 6-2 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Third Period Goals Doom Titans; Fall to Reading, 3-2 - Trenton Titans
- Jackals Nipped by the Komets - Elmira Jackals
- Zapolski Zaps Wheeling's Eight-Game Point Streak - Wheeling Nailers
- Gwinnett Wallops Greenville, 6-2 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Zapolski Earns Second-Straight Shutout in Win over Wheeling - South Carolina Stingrays
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder Vs. Las Vegas Wranglers - Stockton Thunder
- Stingrays Send Baker to Florida - South Carolina Stingrays
- Titans GameDay vs Reading - December 19 (Game 31, Home 16) - Trenton Titans
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Solar Bears Players, Coaches to Take Part in Youth Development Clinics - Orlando Solar Bears
- Edmonton Reassigns LW Philippe Cornet, C Ryan Martindale to Thunder - Stockton Thunder
- Condors vs. Idaho - Jake Varner Night - Bakersfield Condors
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati at Evansville - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays Celebrate the Holidays with the Troops Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cyclones Acquire Andrew Conboy in Three-Team Trade - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Countdown to Face-Off: K-Wings at Walleye - Kalamazoo Wings
- Elmira Jackals Game Preview - Elmira Jackals
- Delisle and Niemi Assigned to Road Warriors - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Today - December 29 - ECHL
- Aces Top Eagles 4-1 for Sixth Straight Win - Alaska Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cincinnati Cyclones Stories
- Cyclones Sparked by Gladiators
- Cyclones Game Notes: vs. Atlanta
- Rochester Reassigns Jake Linhart
- Vaive's Hat Trick Not Enough as 'Clones Come up Short
- Cyclones Game Notes: vs. Indy