Curve Take Game Two 2-0 on Tuesday Night at Canal Park
The Akron Aeros fell to the Altoona Curve in the second game of the three-game series 2-0 Tuesday night. Aeros pitching allowed another eight walks during the game Tuesday, while striking out six Altoona batters. The Aeros fall a game under .500 with a record of 6-7 on the season after Tuesday's loss to the Curve.
The Aeros fell behind in the first inning when Altoona took a 1-0 lead in the top of the inning on a series of singles, which was started by Miles Durham. The Aeros would remain hitless until the sixth inning when Lonnie Chisenhall connected with his fourth double of the year to right-field. The Aeros would record only one more hit on the night, which would come the very next inning when Cord Phelps would single to the second baseman.
Aeros bats have gone quiet since returning home, while on the road the Aeros put up a combined 42 runs compared to only 12 runs since returning to Canal Park on Thursday.
Aeros starter Connor Graham made it through 4.2 innings on Tuesday night against the Curve. Graham gave up four hits and only one run while walking five and striking out three batters. Graham is now 0-2 on the year with a 7.07 ERA through three starts for Akron. Graham has given up a total of 12 runs in 14 innings of work this season. The Aeros bullpen rebounded from their shaky performance Monday night as they only allowed one run. Erik Stiller, Chen Lee, Brian Grening and Vinnie Pestano all worked in the game for a combined 4.1 innings of work after Graham was replaced in the game. Brian Grening rebounded nicely from his rough outing on Monday night, walking none and only allowing two hits in one inning of work after walking in a run on Monday night. The Aeros walked a combined 8 batters during the contest at Canal Park before losing two straight to Altoona 2-0.
The Aeros continue their final game of the three-game set with the Altoona Curve tomorrow morning at 10:35 a.m. at Canal Park. Don't miss the first Education Day of the year presented by Applebee's. The Aeros will then head to Bowie, where they will take on the Baysox in a four-game series. The Aeros will return to town on April 30, where they will be taking on the Binghamton Mets at 7:05 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from April 20, 2010
- Trio of Curve Arms Shoot Down Aeros, 2-0 - Altoona Curve
- Curve Take Game Two 2-0 on Tuesday Night at Canal Park - Akron RubberDucks
- SeaWolves Bend Spoone - Bowie Baysox
- Nieuwenhuis Rips Five Hits, B-Mets Roar Past Portland 15-3 - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Masterpiece from Maday Carries Squirrels, 4-1 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Mets use Longball to Defeat Sea Dogs, 15-3 - Portland Sea Dogs
- Thunder Drop Second Straight to New Hampshire - Trenton Thunder
- Fisher Cats Make Four Straight with 2-1 Victory over Thunder - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- 4/20 Akron Aeros Roster Move - B. Price - Akron RubberDucks
- LHP Andrew Dobies Traded to White Sox - Portland Sea Dogs
- Save $100 On The Sports Den Suite This Thursday And Friday - Altoona Curve
- Brad Coon Joins Senators, Josh Johnson Transferred To Vermont - Harrisburg Senators
- Baysox Bring Back Beer Dinners - Bowie Baysox
- Richmond Flying Squirrels Game Notes - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Mrs. G's To Give Away Over $7,500 Worth Of Appliances At Trenton Thunder Games - Trenton Thunder
- FirstEnergy Set To Giveaway Half Priced Aeros Tickets - Akron RubberDucks
- Baysox Fans Chasing The Squirrels To Richmond - Bowie Baysox
- Meet The Baysox - Bowie Baysox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Akron RubberDucks Stories
- Akron RubberDucks Set to Host Virtual Auditions for National Anthem Performers
- Akron RubberDucks to Host Comedy Night May 14 Featuring Preacher Lawson
- Akron RubberDucks to Begin Hiring Multiple Gameday Staff Positions for 2021 Season
- Akron RubberDucks Announce Game Times, Promotions Schedule for 2021 Home Games
- 2021 RubberDucks Field Staff Announced, Rouglas Odor to Return as Manager