Thunder Drop Second Straight to New Hampshire
Manchester, NH - For the second night in a row, the Thunder could not overcome a one run lead late in the game, and fell 2-1 to the New Hampshire Fisher Cats. With the loss, Trenton falls to 7-5, and have dropped three straight.
Both starters cruised through the first five innings without any real trouble. Bleich, who walked the line of danger giving up five walks through the first five innings, eventually ran into trouble in the sixth. With one out, Manny Mayorson doubled down the right field line, and Bleich preceded to walk the next batter Adam Calderone. With one out and runners on first and second base, Al Quintana knocked and RBI single into right field to put the Cats up 1-0. Then, the next batter, Adam Loewen hit a single up the middle that scored Calderone from second, making it 2-0 New Hampshire.
The Thunder got one back in the top of the eighth inning on an Austin Romine RBI single, and had runners at first and second with one out, but Reid Gorecki grounded into a 6-4-3 double play to end the threat. Tim Collins came out in the ninth inning and earned the save for the Cats, setting the side down in order.
Marty McLeary, a former Trenton pitcher, received the win. David Adams went 3x4 in the loss.
The Thunder and Fisher Cats conclude their series on Wednesday morning, as the first pitch is scheduled for 11:05 AM. RHP David Phelps makes his second start for Trenton, and RHP Randy Boone takes the mound for the Fisher Cats.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from April 20, 2010
- Trio of Curve Arms Shoot Down Aeros, 2-0 - Altoona Curve
- Curve Take Game Two 2-0 on Tuesday Night at Canal Park - Akron RubberDucks
- SeaWolves Bend Spoone - Bowie Baysox
- Nieuwenhuis Rips Five Hits, B-Mets Roar Past Portland 15-3 - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Masterpiece from Maday Carries Squirrels, 4-1 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Mets use Longball to Defeat Sea Dogs, 15-3 - Portland Sea Dogs
- Thunder Drop Second Straight to New Hampshire - Trenton Thunder
- Fisher Cats Make Four Straight with 2-1 Victory over Thunder - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- 4/20 Akron Aeros Roster Move - B. Price - Akron RubberDucks
- LHP Andrew Dobies Traded to White Sox - Portland Sea Dogs
- Save $100 On The Sports Den Suite This Thursday And Friday - Altoona Curve
- Brad Coon Joins Senators, Josh Johnson Transferred To Vermont - Harrisburg Senators
- Baysox Bring Back Beer Dinners - Bowie Baysox
- Richmond Flying Squirrels Game Notes - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Mrs. G's To Give Away Over $7,500 Worth Of Appliances At Trenton Thunder Games - Trenton Thunder
- FirstEnergy Set To Giveaway Half Priced Aeros Tickets - Akron RubberDucks
- Baysox Fans Chasing The Squirrels To Richmond - Bowie Baysox
- Meet The Baysox - Bowie Baysox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Trenton Thunder Stories
- Trenton Thunder to Host Triple-A Buffalo Bisons During the 2021 Baseball Season
- Trenton Thunder Unveil New Name of Luxury Conference Center
- Bobbleheads & First Wave of Promotions Released
- You Could be the Match and Save a Life
- Trenton Thunder Reveal 2021 Schedule