Crew Announce Golf, Karaoke Details
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Columbus Crew will be hosting both a Karaoke Contest and a golf league in the coming weeks, Director of New Business Development Todd Adams announced today.
The club's first Karaoke Contest will be held on Thursday, Aug. 22, and Saturday, Aug. 31, at the Crew Stadium Club tent on the West side of the stadium grounds. During a special Happy Hour on Aug. 22, from 5-9 p.m., The Crew will invite any person who has an interest in singing karaoke to join the inaugural contest.
Crew players will handle the judging duties on Aug. 22, which will narrow down the contestants to eight finalists. Three players will judge from 5-7 p.m. and three others from 7-9 p.m. Then, on Aug. 31, those eight finalists will return to Crew Stadium for the finals, when The Crew will play host to the New England Revolution at 7:30 p.m. Local media celebrities will judge the finals.
A special offer will be available to everyone wishing to attend the contest finals that evening, which includes a North End ticket and admission to the pregame Stadium Club Buffet for just $20 per person.
The karaoke champion will be honored at halftime of the game. In addition, the champ will receive a prize package that will include a 2002 autographed team ball, two Crew director's chairs, $250 in Dave and Buster's gift certificates, a limited edition bobblehead set and eight tickets to The Crew's regular-season home finale vs. Chicago on Sept. 14.
The contest will be run by Coyote Karaoke, of Chillicothe, Ohio. Anyone seeking more information is encouraged to contact Todd Adams at 614-447-4171 (phone) or email@example.com (email).
Crew Golf League to Run from Sept. 9-Oct. 28 at Foxfire Golf Club
The Columbus Crew Masters Golf League will be run at Foxfire Golf Club on Monday evenings from Sept. 9-Oct. 28. Play will begin at 5 p.m. in the early weeks of the eight-week league, but start times will be moved up in later weeks due to darkness.
There will be 16 teams of two players each and the league fee is $130 per player, which includes a nine-hole round every week and a season ending celebration and awards party on October 28, at the conclusion of the final round. Carts will be available for an additional upgrade of $8 per round, but golfers can walk if they like. Competitors will be handicapped on a week-to-week basis, changing based upon weekly performances. The winning team will receive a free round of golf at New Albany Links, Champions, and the Foxfire Players Club. They will also receive a $100 gift certificate to the Foxfire Pro Shop and a championship trophy.
The runners-up will receive a $100.00 gift certificate to the Foxfire Pro Shop and a runner-up trophy. The deadline to register is Friday, Aug. 30. All registrations and inquiries should be directed to Todd Adams at 614-447-4171 (phone), 614-447-4109 (fax) or firstname.lastname@example.org (email).
Co-ed Crew Cup Tournament Postponed
The inaugural Co-ed Crew Cup Tournament, which was scheduled to run from Aug. 24-Sept. 21, has been postponed due to scheduling conflicts. Efforts are currently underway to reschedule the event.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 15, 2002
- United Midfielder Richie Williams Fined - MLS
- Crew Announce Golf, Karaoke Details - Columbus Crew SC
- MetroStars Sign Defender Leo Krupnik as a Discovery Player - New York Red Bulls
- Galaxy Sends Henry Zambrano to D.C. - LA Galaxy
- D.C. United Acquires Colombian Striker Henry Zambrano From Los Angeles - D.C. United
- AT&T Wireless 'Kick for Cash' to Take Place Sunday - Sporting Kansas City
- Wizards Midfielder Francisco Gomez Inks Four Year Deal - Sporting Kansas City
- Celtic Heritage Day at INVESCO Field - Colorado Rapids
- Wizards Fall to Fire on the Road - Sporting Kansas City
- Fire Cruises Past Kansas City, 5-1 - Chicago Fire
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Columbus Crew SC Stories
- Columbus Crew SC Hosts the Portland Timbers at MAPFRE Stadium Tomorrow
- Columbus Crew SC Names Neil McGuinness as Director of Scouting
- Columbus Crew SC Faces the Montreal Impact at Stade Saputo this Afternoon
- Columbus Crew SC Sends Jon Kempin, Luis Argudo and JJ Williams on Loan
- Match Preview: Columbus Crew SC Faces New England Revolution Tomorrow