AT&T Wireless 'Kick for Cash' to Take Place Sunday
The Kansas City Wizards and AT&T Wireless have teamed together to present the third annual AT&T Wireless "$50,000 Kick for Cash" promotion. On Sunday, August 18th, Rick Gavin of Parkville, MO will have a chance to kick a soccer ball from an undisclosed distance to a specific target. Gavin has one attempt to hit the target from that distance, and if successful, will win $50,000. The $50,000 Kick for Cash will take place at halftime of the Wizards game when they face the Columbus Crew.
This Friday, August 16th, Wizards defender Nick Garcia will meet Rick Gavin and offer him some pointers on his $50,000 kick. Garcia and Gavin will conduct a shooting session following the Wizards training session on the Arrowhead Outdoor Training Facility. Media is encouraged to attend as Gavin prepares to win $50,000 thanks to AT&T Wireless.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 15, 2002
- United Midfielder Richie Williams Fined - MLS
- Crew Announce Golf, Karaoke Details - Columbus Crew SC
- MetroStars Sign Defender Leo Krupnik as a Discovery Player - New York Red Bulls
- Galaxy Sends Henry Zambrano to D.C. - Los Angeles Galaxy
- D.C. United Acquires Colombian Striker Henry Zambrano From Los Angeles - D.C. United
- AT&T Wireless 'Kick for Cash' to Take Place Sunday - Sporting Kansas City
- Wizards Midfielder Francisco Gomez Inks Four Year Deal - Sporting Kansas City
- Celtic Heritage Day at INVESCO Field - Colorado Rapids
- Wizards Fall to Fire on the Road - Sporting Kansas City
- Fire Cruises Past Kansas City, 5-1 - Chicago Fire
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.