Columbus Crew Announces Founding Level Partnership with Global Sportsbook Operator Tipico
COLUMBUS - The Columbus Crew today announced a long-term partnership agreement with global sportsbook operator Tipico. The deal names Tipico the official and exclusive Sports Betting Partner of the Columbus Crew. Pending appropriate licensing and regulatory approvals, Tipico plans to launch its mobile sports betting app when legalized sports betting goes live in Ohio. Additional details will follow.
As a founding level partner and the Club's official Sports Betting Partner, Tipico will receive entitlement rights to marquee Crew assets (Tipico Beer Garden and Tipico Club [formerly Rail Club]) and prominent brand integration throughout Lower.com Field. The Crew is set to open the Lower.com Field doors for its first full season when the Black & Gold begin their 27th Major League Soccer campaign on February 26. Tipico and the Crew will also develop a wide variety of digital content and engagements, as well as joint community programming as part of the partnership.
"We are thrilled to announce our partnership with a highly respected global brand and passionate soccer enthusiast in Tipico," said Haslam Sports Group Chief Operating Officer David Jenkins. "As they make their foray into Ohio, our long-term agreement with Tipico represents an exciting development for Crew supporters and sports fans in Central Ohio and throughout the state. Providing a world-class experience for supporters is at the core of what we do and so we look forward to increasing fan engagement opportunities in Columbus and throughout Ohio through this partnership."
Subject to licensing and forthcoming regulations, Tipico will also announce opportunities for registered users to take advantage of compelling promotions, giveaways and customer sweepstakes through collaborative programs and co-created club activations.
"We are incredibly excited to team up with The Columbus Crew, a premium brand with championship DNA, to introduce our Tipico sports betting experience to players in the Buckeye state," said Adrian Vella, CEO, Tipico U.S. "The mid-west will play an important role as we continue our multi-state expansion in 2022, and we could not have asked for a better partner to help us introduce the Tipico brand and our proprietary technology to sports bettors in Ohio and beyond."
The partnership with the Crew comes on the heels of several exciting developments for Tipico in recent months. In September, Tipico announced online market access in Iowa and Indiana through an agreement with Caesars Entertainment. In August, Tipico partnered with Colorado Governor Jared Polis to announce the opening of a Tipico technology hub in Denver. In July, the company kicked off a partnership marking Tipico as the exclusive sports betting and iGaming provider for Gannett, with deep local and national integration and exposure across the entire USA Today and USA Today Sports Media Network.
The Black & Gold are set to open the 2022 MLS season by hosting Vancouver Whitecaps FC at Lower.com Field in its Opening Match on Saturday, February 26 at 3:30 p.m. ET. Following the home opener, the Crew hits the road and travels to face the San Jose Earthquakes at PayPal Park on March 5 for the first away match of the season. The Crew's full schedule for the 2022 MLS regular season can be found at ColumbusCrew.com.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 13, 2022
- Earthquakes Sign 16-Year-Old Midfielder Niko Tsakiris to Homegrown Contract - San Jose Earthquakes
- Timbers Set to Travel to Tucson for 2022 Preseason Presented by Old Trapper - Portland Timbers
- Austin FC to Host Mexican Champions Atlas FC in Preseason Match at Q2 Stadium - Austin FC
- Timbers Sign Goalkeepers Aljaz Ivacic and David Bingham - Portland Timbers
- GM Mike Jacobs 'Encouraged' by State of Nashville SC Roster After SuperDraft - Nashville SC
- FC Cincinnati Announce Schedule for 2022 Preseason - FC Cincinnati
- Earthquakes Sign Goalkeeper JT Marcinkowski to New Contract - San Jose Earthquakes
- Philadelphia Union Announce 2022 Preseason Schedule - Philadelphia Union
- Minnesota United Welcomes Back Forward Abu Danladi - Minnesota United FC
- Acosta and Mabika Signings Highlight Development Pathway - Inter Miami CF
- Sounders FC Signs Free Agent Albert Rusnák as Designated Player - Seattle Sounders FC
- Inter Miami CF Signs Midfielder George Acosta and Defender Aimé Mabika - Inter Miami CF
- Columbus Crew Signs Crew Academy Product and Midfielder Sean Zawadzki - Columbus Crew SC
- D.C. United Sign Midfielder Ted Ku-DiPietro to Homegrown Deal - D.C. United
- Inter Miami CF Announces Open Training Session at DRV PNK Stadium; Sets 2022 Preseason Schedule - Inter Miami CF
- Charlotte FC Announces Preseason Schedule for 2022 MLS Season - Charlotte FC
- Columbus Crew Announces Founding Level Partnership with Global Sportsbook Operator Tipico - Columbus Crew SC
- Aníbal Godoy and Randall Leal Called in to Panama and Costa Rica National Teams for January Camps - Nashville SC
- Chicago Fire FC Announce 2022 Preseason Schedule - Chicago Fire FC
- Real Salt Lake Signs Defender Jaziel Orozco as Homegrown Player - Real Salt Lake
- D.C. United Announce Preseason Friendly against Inter Miami CF on January 29 - D.C. United
- Houston Dynamo FC Add Jimmy Nielsen, Chris Martinez and Zack Thornton to Technical Staff - Houston Dynamo FC
- Austin FC Signs Colombian Midfielder Jhojan Valencia - Austin FC
- Sporting KC Re-Signs Seven-Time MLS All-Star Graham Zusi - Sporting Kansas City
- Orlando City SC Promotes Luiz Muzzi and Ricardo Moreira; Extends Contract with Both - Orlando City SC
- Sporting KC Re-Signs Midfielder Roger Espinoza - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Columbus Crew SC Stories
- Columbus Crew Hosts LAFC at Lower.com Field Today
- Columbus Crew to Celebrate "On Our Sleeves" Day at Lower.com Field on May 21
- Columbus Crew Inspires Latest Mural Series in Short North Arts District
- Lower.com Field to Host Columbus Crew and Columbus Crew 2 Doubleheader this Saturday, May 21
- Columbus Crew Fans Set Guinness World Records© Title for Longest Chain of Sports Fan Scarfs to Support on Our Sleeves®