Colin Rea Dominant in Sounds Shutout Win
NASHVILLE - Nashville Sounds starting pitcher Colin Rea was dominant in the Sounds 1-0 win over the Gwinnett Stripers Thursday night at Coolray Field. Rea tossed six shutout innings and allowed five hits with five strikeouts.
Brice Turang scored the lone run of the game in the third inning. The 21-year-old drew a walk and later came in to score on a groundout from David Dahl, giving Nashville a 1-0 lead.
Hoby Milner, Chad Sobotka and Luke Barker combined to throw three scoreless innings out of the bullpen. Barker finished off the game and recorded his eleventh save.
Game three of the five-game series is scheduled for Friday night at Coolray Field. Left-hander Ethan Small (1-0, 1.14) starts for Nashville against right-hander José Rodríguez (6-3, 4.61) for Gwinnett. The first pitch is scheduled for 6:05 central time.
The Sounds have won four of their last five games against the Stripers.
Nashville shutout Gwinnett for the fifth time this season.
Colin Rea is 3-0 with a 0.78 ERA (2 ER/23.0 IP) in his last four starts.
The Sounds won their first 1-0 game this season since May 23 vs. Gwinnett.
The Nashville Sounds are the Triple-A affiliate of the Milwaukee Brewers and play at First Horizon Park. Single-game tickets are on sale now for all remaining 2021 home games. For more information call 615-690-4487 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org..com.
• Discuss this story on the Triple-A East League message board...
Triple-A East League Stories from September 16, 2021
- Lee Spot On, But Redbirds Rally Late to Spoil Effort - Louisville Bats
- Pigs out hit and out score Scranton/Wilkes-Barre - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- RailRiders Run out of Rallies - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Mark Payton Hits Walk-Off Winner for Syracuse in 4-3 Victory over Worcester on Thursday Night - Syracuse Mets
- Redbirds Win Thursday Night Pitcher's Duel - Memphis Redbirds
- Buffalo Bisons Are Northeast Division Champions - Buffalo Bisons
- Law Dominates in First Minor League Start, Saints Blank Indianapolis 8-0 - St. Paul Saints
- Saints Shut out Indians, 8-0 - Indianapolis Indians
- Colin Rea Dominant in Sounds Shutout Win - Nashville Sounds
- Hens Seal Midwest Division with Win over Clippers - Toledo Mud Hens
- WooSox Tie Game in Ninth, Fall 4-3 to Mets - Worcester Red Sox
- Hens Clinch Triple-A East Midwest Division - Toledo Mud Hens
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (54-61) vs. St. Paul Saints (60-56) - Indianapolis Indians
- Michael Chavis to Begin Rehab Assignment with Indy - Indianapolis Indians
- Bats to Host 20-Year Reunion for League-Champion RiverBats Next Saturday - Louisville Bats
- Read's Homer Lifts Plates Past Bisons - Rochester Red Wings
- With Chance to Clinch, Bisons Fall to Red Wings, 5-3 - Buffalo Bisons
- Memphis Redbirds Game Notes: September 16, 2021 - Memphis Redbirds
- Fowler Socks Three Home Runs in 10-3 Rout - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- September 16 Game Notes: Iowa at Omaha - Iowa Cubs
- Game Gets Away from Norfolk in Loss in Jacksonville - Norfolk Tides
- SWB RailRiders Game Notes - September 16, 2021 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Jumbo Shrimp Homestand Highlights September 21-25 - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Bisons to Welcome Thunders' Official Bat Dog 'Rookie' to Dog Day, September 22 - Buffalo Bisons
- RailRiders One of 85 Clubs Set for 2022 Copa De La Diversión - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Catch the Hens Go for the Division Title Tonight - Toledo Mud Hens
- Chasers Comeback Falls Short in Second Straight Loss to I-Cubs - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Iowa Wins Second Straight over Storm Chasers - Iowa Cubs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.