Clips Recover But Can't Hold off Jackson's Lakers
El SEGUNDO, CA - The Agua Caliente Clippers (20-20) came back from a large deficit but couldn't hang on in the final minute, falling to the South Bay Lakers (17-22), 123-118, on Saturday night.
After falling behind by 23 late in the second quarter, the Clippers stormed back with a huge third quarter in which they outscored South Bay 38-22 to reduce their deficit to one. With the game close in the final frame, Johnathan Motley gave the Clippers a 119-117 lead on a driving hook with 1:08 remaining on the clock. The Lakers would regain the advantage on their next possession via a David Stockton three-pointer and a Pierre Jackson steal and dunk with seven seconds left sealed the game.
The Clippers were led by Terance Mann's 23 point, 13 rebound double-double on eight-of-11 shooting from the field. Motley added a double-double of his own, notching 23 points and 10 rebounds.
Jackson led all scorers, recording 38 points on 10-for-21 shooting from the field and hitting six of his 13 three-point attempts for South Bay.
Agua Caliente returns to Ontario on Tuesday, March 3rd, to take on the Stockton Kings. Tip off is at 7 p.m. PST inside the Toyota Arena.
For more Agua Caliente Clippers news, follow @ACClippers on social media or visit acclippers.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 1, 2020
- Vipers Strike Stockton, 130-105 - Stockton Kings
- Long Island Nets Defeat Division Rival Raptors 905 in Sunday Matinee Game - Long Island Nets
- Wisconsin Herd Clinches First-Ever Playoff Berth - Wisconsin Herd
- Reinking Gets 100th Career Victory at Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse - Canton Charge
- Indiana Pacers Assign Goga Bitadze and Alize Johnson to Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Clips Recover But Can't Hold off Jackson's Lakers - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Warriors Fall to Spurs on Second Night of Back-To-Back, 125-111 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Payne and Brown Post Career Nights in Texas' Win over Suns - Texas Legends
- Stars Sweep Season Series against Hustle - Salt Lake City Stars
- Austin Spurs Top Santa Cruz Warriors 125-111 - Austin Spurs
- Oklahoma City Outshoots Iowa - Oklahoma City Blue
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Agua Caliente Clippers Stories
- Agua Caliente Clippers' Johnathan Motley Earns All G-League Honors
- Clips Earn Crucial Win in Nail-Biter over Lakers
- Win over Legends Keeps Clips in Playoff Picture
- Clips Comeback But Lose Late Lead to Legends
- Rodriguez's Huge Dunk Overshadowed by Late Loss to Kings