Austin Spurs Top Santa Cruz Warriors 125-111
SANTA CRUZ, Calif. - The Austin Spurs (22-16), presented by SWBC, defeated the Santa Cruz Warriors (20-19) by a final score of 125-111 on the road Saturday night.
San Antonio Spurs assignee Chimezie Metu led all scorers with 27 points and 17 rebounds in 32 minutes. Kenny Williams posted 18 points and 9 rebounds in 37 minutes, and Daulton Hommes put up 18 points and 6 rebounds in 29 minutes. Quinndary Weatherspoon contributed 17 points, 4 rebounds and 7 assists in 32 minutes, while Dedric Lawson added 16 points and 8 rebounds in 29 minutes.
The Spurs started the game with a 5-0 advantage. With six and a half minutes remaining in the first quarter, the Warriors took their first lead of the game (15-12) and had a 27-24 edge after one.
Austin regained the lead halfway into the second (42-41), but Santa Cruz ended the half on a 20-13 run to go up 61-55 at the half.
Austin outscored Santa Cruz 38-23 in the third quarter and 32-27 in the fourth to secure the win.
For the Warriors, Andrew Harrison recorded 25 points and 14 assists in 39 minutes. Jonathon Simmons tallied 23 points and 4 rebounds in 33 minutes.
Up next, Austin returns home to take on the Texas Legends on Tuesday, March 3 at 7:30 p.m. CT. For tickets or the full season schedule, visit austinspurs.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 1, 2020
- Vipers Strike Stockton, 130-105 - Stockton Kings
- Long Island Nets Defeat Division Rival Raptors 905 in Sunday Matinee Game - Long Island Nets
- Wisconsin Herd Clinches First-Ever Playoff Berth - Wisconsin Herd
- Reinking Gets 100th Career Victory at Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse - Canton Charge
- Indiana Pacers Assign Goga Bitadze and Alize Johnson to Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Clips Recover But Can't Hold off Jackson's Lakers - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Warriors Fall to Spurs on Second Night of Back-To-Back, 125-111 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Payne and Brown Post Career Nights in Texas' Win over Suns - Texas Legends
- Stars Sweep Season Series against Hustle - Salt Lake City Stars
- Austin Spurs Top Santa Cruz Warriors 125-111 - Austin Spurs
- Oklahoma City Outshoots Iowa - Oklahoma City Blue
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Austin Spurs Stories
- Spurs Sports Academy to Host Free Virtual Basketball Clinics for Young Athletes Starting June 1
- American Hockey League Announces Cancellation of the Remainder of the 2019-20 Season
- Spurs Sports Academy Teams up with Ballogy to Launch Virtual Basketball Workouts and Competitions
- Statement from SS&E CEO RC Buford
- Austin Spurs Fall to South Bay Lakers