Clippers Win First Home Game with Season Highs in Rebounds and Threes
ONTARIO, Calif. - The Agua Caliente Clippers' (3-4) strong inside-out performance lifted them over the Northern Arizona Suns (2-7) on Saturday night, 108-96, for their first home win of the season.
Only one game after tying the G-League's season-high in rebounds, two-way player Angel Delgado set a new mark to beat this season as he pulled down a career high and G-League season-high 22 rebounds. This marks only the sixth time in the history of the G-League that a player has recorded back-to-back games of 20 or more rebounds. Agua Caliente grabbed a combined 56 rebounds for their best night on the boards this season.
Delgado finished with 14 points to complete his fifth double-double of the season
The Clippers also had their best game of the season beyond the arc making 15 three-pointers. Seven Clippers hit at least one three-pointer, including all five starters. LA Clippers assignee Jerome Robinson, led the team making four of his five attempts.
Robinson finished with a team-high 25 points on 9-of-13 shooting from the field.
The Suns were unable to capitalize on Jawun Evans' career night as they lost their fourth straight and the eighth of their first 10 games this season. Evans scored a career-high 29 points on 13-of-24 shooting from the field but the team shot for a combined 5-of-28 on three-pointers.
Two-way player George King, who hit the game-winner in the two teams' last meeting, did not play due to a right leg injury.
The Clippers are back in action on Monday as the face the undefeated Santa Cruz Warriors in their second meeting this season. Tip-off is at 7 p.m. at Citizens Business Bank Arena, in Ontario, CA.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 25, 2018
- Legends Acquire Jordan Howard - Texas Legends
- Magic Unable to Stop Blue Coats - Lakeland Magic
- Go-Go Run Away from Charge, Split Weekend Series - Capital City Go-Go
- Bulls Drop Second Consecutive Game, Lose 105-100 to Fort Wayne - Windy City Bulls
- Hustle Lose against Oklahoma City to Finish Homestand - Memphis Hustle
- Blue Bounces Back with Win at Hustle - Oklahoma City Blue
- Julian Washburn Added to USA Men's World Cup Qualifying Roster - Austin Spurs
- Minnesota Timberwolves Recall Keita Bates-Diop from G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- San Antonio Assigns Lonnie Walker IV to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Detroit Pistons Recall Khyri Thomas from Grand Rapids Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Clippers Win First Home Game with Season Highs in Rebounds and Threes - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Legends Trap Claws in Overtime - Texas Legends
- Jawun Evans' Career-Night Not Enough for Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.