Blue Bounces Back with Win at Hustle
SOUTHAVEN, Miss. - The Oklahoma City Blue (7-2) defeated the Memphis Hustle (4-4), 114-104, on Sunday afternoon.
The teams entered the fourth quarter with the scored tied at 86 apiece. Oklahoma City opened the fourth on a 9-0 run and would never trail again in the game.
K.J. McDaniels led Oklahoma City with eight points in the final frame and finished with a team-leading 20 points and 10 rebounds for his first double-double of the season.
The teams played closely in a first half with three ties and six lead changes, but Justin Leon hit a three-pointer with under four minutes left in the half, sparking a 14-6 run for the Blue, who led 64-54 going into the locker room. Memphis erased the deficit, eventually taking a four-point lead in the third behind 20 points on 6-6 shooting from behind the arc from Grizzlies assignment player Jevon Carter.
Leon was one of six in double figures for the Blue, scoring 14 points to go along with four rebounds in his second start of the season. Carter led all scorers with 30 points.
Oklahoma City held a 50-40 advantage on the glass, led by two-way player Tyler Davis who grabbed 15 rebounds in addition to 18 points for his sixth consecutive double-double and seventh overall.
Up next, Oklahoma City faces the Rio Grande Valley Vipers on Thursday, Nov. 29 at 7 p.m. in the Bert Ogden Arena in Edinburg, Texas.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 25, 2018
- Legends Acquire Jordan Howard - Texas Legends
- Magic Unable to Stop Blue Coats - Lakeland Magic
- Go-Go Run Away from Charge, Split Weekend Series - Capital City Go-Go
- Bulls Drop Second Consecutive Game, Lose 105-100 to Fort Wayne - Windy City Bulls
- Hustle Lose against Oklahoma City to Finish Homestand - Memphis Hustle
- Blue Bounces Back with Win at Hustle - Oklahoma City Blue
- Julian Washburn Added to USA Men's World Cup Qualifying Roster - Austin Spurs
- Minnesota Timberwolves Recall Keita Bates-Diop from G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- San Antonio Assigns Lonnie Walker IV to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Detroit Pistons Recall Khyri Thomas from Grand Rapids Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Clippers Win First Home Game with Season Highs in Rebounds and Threes - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Legends Trap Claws in Overtime - Texas Legends
- Jawun Evans' Career-Night Not Enough for Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.