Magic Unable to Stop Blue Coats
The Lakeland Magic, NBA G League affiliate of the Orlando Magic, lost to the Delaware Blue Coats, 113-104, in Sunday night's contest at the RP Funding Center.
Lakeland was led by the Magic's Two-Way player, Amile Jefferson who had 18 points, 7 rebounds and 3 assists on the night. John Petrucelli came in off the bench to put up 17 points and 5 rebounds. Gabe York also had 17 points on the night for the Magic. Two Way player, Troy Caupain was just shy of the double-double with 14 points, 9 rebounds, and 5 assists.
For the Blue Coats, D.J. Hogg had 19 points. Norvel Pelle contributed a strong 18 points, 9 rebounds. Matt Ferrell had 16 points, 4 rebounds and 6 assists. Kyle Randall came in to post a double-double with 15 points and 13 rebounds.
The Blue Coats started out strong and never looked back leading by 11 at the end of the first quarter. The second quarter was a tight match with each team posting 26 points to give the Blue Coats a 58-47 lead at the half.
The contest remained close in the third quarter with the Blue Coats outscoring the Magic 24-23. The Magic fought hard in the fourth but ultimately couldn't come back from the first quarter deficit and would fall to the Blue Coats 113-104.
The Magic hit the road to face off against the Grand Rapids Drive on Wednesday at 7:00PM at the DeltaPlex Arena in Grand Rapids, MI.
Lakeland Magic single game tickets and group tickets are available now. For ticket information, visit lakelandmagic.com or call 863.825.3258.
Amile Jefferson | 18 points
John Petrucelli | 17 points
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 25, 2018
- Legends Acquire Jordan Howard - Texas Legends
- Magic Unable to Stop Blue Coats - Lakeland Magic
- Go-Go Run Away from Charge, Split Weekend Series - Capital City Go-Go
- Bulls Drop Second Consecutive Game, Lose 105-100 to Fort Wayne - Windy City Bulls
- Hustle Lose against Oklahoma City to Finish Homestand - Memphis Hustle
- Blue Bounces Back with Win at Hustle - Oklahoma City Blue
- Julian Washburn Added to USA Men's World Cup Qualifying Roster - Austin Spurs
- Minnesota Timberwolves Recall Keita Bates-Diop from G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- San Antonio Assigns Lonnie Walker IV to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Detroit Pistons Recall Khyri Thomas from Grand Rapids Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Clippers Win First Home Game with Season Highs in Rebounds and Threes - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Legends Trap Claws in Overtime - Texas Legends
- Jawun Evans' Career-Night Not Enough for Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.