Chicago Blackhawks Ice Crew Visits
Chicago Blackhawks Ice Crew VisitsnIn Party Town from the Windy City on December 29th
Waterloo, Iowa- A Zamboni quickly and efficiently cleans and resurfaces a hockey rink, but when it comes to style and finesse, the lumbering machines have nothing on the Chicago Blackhawks Ice Crew.
During Bud Light Night on Friday, December 29th when the Waterloo Black Hawks host the Lincoln Stars, members of the Chicago Blackhawks Bud Light Ice Crew will be at Young Arena for the game. The Ice Crew represents the National Hockey League's Blackhawks at all United Center home games and at various community events during the season. You will see them entertaining the crowds and making sure the ice is ready for action.
Throughout their visit to Waterloo, fans are encouraged to meet the Ice Crew for autographs and photos.
"In the spring of 2016, we brought the Stanley Cup to Waterloo," said Black Hawks Vice President of Sales and Marketing Joe Greene. "This is another opportunity to bring a little bit of the NHL back to the Cedar Valley after so many of our players have gone on to the NHL over the last several years."
To celebrate the visit by the Chicago Blackhawks Bud Light Ice Crew, Young Arena beer stands will be serving Bud Light 16 oz. aluminum bottles for $2 during the game to fans age 21 and over. All fans can enjoy $2 hot dogs, pizza, and pop throughout the evening.
December 29th is also a College Night. Tickets for purchased by college students with a valid student ID will be $9 on game day or $8 when purchased in advance. One discounted ticket per ID.
For tickets to Waterloo's first home game after Christmas on December 29th at 7:05 p.m. against the Lincoln Stars - or for any other home game during the 2017/18 regular season - call the Domino's Black Hawks Box Office at (319) 291-7680 or visit waterlooblackhawks.com.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from December 17, 2017
- Stampede Shot Down by Stars in Lincoln - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Recap: Storm Comeback Falls Short against Dubuque - Tri-City Storm
- Furious First Period Enough for Saints Win - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- RECAP -- Stars Shut Down the Stampede, 2-0 - Lincoln Stars
- Steel Drop Weekend Opener to Muskegon - Chicago Steel
- Postgame Recap: Hawks Fall in Fargo, 4-0 - Waterloo Black Hawks
- 12-15-17 Dunne in the Third - Madison Capitols
- Phantoms Fall to Cedar Rapids 3-1 - Youngstown Phantoms
- Preview: Storm to Host Dubuque for First Time Since 2016 Clark Cup Final - Tri-City Storm
- U17s Defeat Switzerland, 7-2 at Four Nations - U.S. National Team
- Phantoms Come from Behind Again, Down Cedar Rapids in Shootout - Youngstown Phantoms
- FIGHTING SAINTS DONATE 1,300 TEDDY BEARS - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Black Hawks Host First Star Wars Night - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Class of 2017 Enshrined into U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame - U.S. National Team
- SANTA CLAUS, AUCTION HEADLINE WEEKEND SET - Lincoln Stars
- Chicago Blackhawks Ice Crew Visits - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Storm Goalie Larsson Announces Commitment to Denver - Tri-City Storm
- USA Hockey Announces Staffing Changes - U.S. National Team
- Storm Defenseman Blixt Announces Commitment to Boston University - Tri-City Storm
- Pair of RoughRiders earn weekly League Honors - Cedar Rapids RoughRiders
- USHL Players of the Week - USHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.