CF Montréal Drops Decision to Vancouver Whitecaps FC
SANDY, Utah - CF Montréal lost 2-0 against the Vancouver Whitecaps FC on Saturday afternoon, at Rio Tinto Stadium, in Sandy, Utah.
-Bjørn Johnsen's first MLS start with CF Montréal
-Clément Bayiha's first start of the season with CF Montréal
-Joaquín Torres' first MLS game with CF Montréal
-Kiki Struna's 50th MLS game
VAN - Cristian Dajome 57'
VAN - Cristian Dajome (Déiber Caicedo) 71'
MTL - Djordje Mihailovic 24'
VAN - Déiber Caicedo 32'
VAN - Ranko Veselinovic 38'
VAN - Lucas Cavallini 45'
VAN - Leonard Owusu 82'
MTL - Gk- Clément Diop; D-Mustafa Kizza, Kamal Miller, Rudy Camacho, Kiki Struna (Ahmed Hamdi 67'), Clément Bayiha (Mathieu Choinière 58'); M-Victor Wanyama, Amar Sejdic, Djordje Mihailovic (Joaquín Torres 73'); F-Romell Quioto (Erik Hurtado 58'), Bjørn Johnsen (Lassi Lappalainen 58')
Subs not used: James Pantemis, Joel Waterman, Samuel Piette, Emanuel Maciel
VAN - Gk-Maxime Crépeau; D-Cristian Gutierrez, Ranko Veselinovic, Andy Rose, Jake Nerwinski; M-Déiber Caicedo (Ryan Raposo74'), Caio Alexandre (Leonard Owusu 80'), Cristian Dajome (Derek Cornelius 90'+1'), Janio Bikel, Russell Teibert; A-Lucas Cavallini
Subs not used: Thomas Hasal, Bruno Gaspar, Kamron Habidullah, Patrick Metcalfe, Theo Bair, Tosaint Ricketts
"I am preoccupied with the fact that we are not scoring. But we are still creating chances. They were clear chances, and we need to score. The guys know it. We work in front of goal. Now we have to do it at the right time. There is no easy goal, but we still have to work on that. It's work that will make us improve on this. There are still many games to reverse this trend."
"I'm really happy to come back from my injury. It was a long process but I'm glad to finally have my first minutes. I already played on the right side, so I still had my bearings on the field."
"We haven't scored in the last two games but scored six in the first two, so we know we are a team that can score. I don't consider this a drought. We are confident as a team and are confident in each other. We need to focus on Miami, work on the final third in practice and hopefully we come out with the result. We have a big squad with a lot of guys that can contribute. We are professional athletes, and we will be ready for the next game."
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 8, 2021
- LAFC Suffers First Loss of Season, Falls to Galaxy 2-1 - Los Angeles FC
- Notes & Quotes: Orlando City SC 1 - 1 New York City FC - New York City FC
- Nani Scores in Third Straight Match; Lions Draw NYCFC 1-1 - Orlando City SC
- FC Dallas and Houston Dynamo FC Split Points in First 2021 Texas Derby Meeting at Toyota Stadium - FC Dallas
- Game Notes: Sounders FC at Portland Timbers - May 9, 2021 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Houston Dynamo FC Draw 1-1 at FC Dallas - Houston Dynamo FC
- CF Montréal Drops Decision to Vancouver Whitecaps FC - Club de Foot Montreal
- 'Caps surge past CF Montréal behind Dájome's second-half brace - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Nashville Soccer Club Wraps up Homestand with Win over New England to Remain Undefeated - Nashville SC
- New York Records Second-Straight Home Cleansheet, Defeats Toronto, 2-0 - New York Red Bulls
- D.C. United Lose 3-1 to Columbus Crew SC on the Road - D.C. United
- Revolution Fall to Nashville SC, 2-0 - New England Revolution
- New York Red Bulls (2) - Toronto FC (0) Post Game Summary - Toronto FC
- Chicago Fire FC Falls 2-0 to Philadelphia Union at Soldier Field - Chicago Fire FC
- In First win in MLS this season, Corey Burke scores and assists - Philadelphia Union
- MLS Launches Second Screen Watch Along for Tonight's El Tráfico Match on Fox - MLS
- Storylines: City vs. NYCFC - Orlando City SC
- Real Salt Lake Falls 2-1 to the San Jose Earthquakes - Real Salt Lake
- Wondolowski scores twice; Quakes extend winning streak to three - San Jose Earthquakes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Club de Foot Montreal Stories
- CF Montréal Will Play Home Games at Red Bull Arena and at Exploria Stadium
- Academy Teams to Play Friendly Games Again
- Samuel Piette again an Ambassador for the Walk of Courage Jean-Pagé
- Luis Binks Loan Terminated
- Construction at Parc Paul-André-Potvinin Shawinigan Progressing Well