Capital City Is a No Go in Lakeland
The Lakeland Magic, NBA G League affiliate of the Orlando Magic, defeat the Capital City Go-Go 120-105, in front of a packed house at the RP Funding Center.
The Magic pulled ahead early with BJ Johnson's three point shot to open the game and would build upon the lead with the score 20-9 with 5:55 remaining in the first quarter. Capital City fought back to get within five points going into the second but the Magic offense exploded to increase the lead to 23 points with 6:34 left in the half. The Magic would take an 18 point lead into the locker room with the score 66-48.
The Go-Go had a strong third quarter outscoring the Magic 27-24 but the Magic still maintained control with a 15-point lead (90-75) moving into the fourth quarter. The fourth was a back and forth contest with each team scoring 30 points but the Go-Go couldn't overcome the first half deficit and would fall to the Magic 120-105.
For the Magic, John Petrucelli had a season high 23 points and 5 rebounds. Anthony Brown came off the bench to put up 23 points. Amile Jefferson recorded his fifteenth double-double of the season with 16 points and 13 rebounds. BJ Johnson contributed 20 points and 7 rebounds. Troy Caupain also had 16 points and 6 assists.
Jordan McRae had an impressive outing with 35 points. Chris Chiozza had 22 points, 8 rebounds and 7 assists. Isaiah Armwood had a double-double with 20 points and 12 rebounds. Kellen Dunham came off the bench to score 9 points and 4 rebounds.
The Magic hit the road to face off against the Wisconsin Herd on Friday, January 18 at 8:00PM. The game will take place at the Menominee Nation Arena in Oshkosh, WI.
Lakeland Magic single game tickets and group tickets are available now. For ticket information, visit lakelandmagic.com or call 863.825.3258.
John Petrucelli season high 23 points
Amile Jefferson 16 points, 13 rebounds
Anthony Brown 23 points
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 15, 2019
- South Bay Wrestles Away a Win in Memphis - South Bay Lakers
- Lakeland Magic Announce Partnership with Mosaic - Lakeland Magic
- Suns Stun Charge - Canton Charge
- Going Streaking: Suns Demolish Charge, Win Consecutive Games - Northern Arizona Suns
- Detroit Pistons Sign Isaiah Whitehead and Kalin Lucas to Two-Way Contracts - Grand Rapids Drive
- Memphis Grizzlies Sign Julian Washburn to Two-Way Contract - Austin Spurs
- Capital City Is a No Go in Lakeland - Lakeland Magic
- Celebrate Ohio Basketball at the Q with the Charge - Canton Charge
- Raptors 905 Acquire Derek Cooke Jr. - Raptors 905
- NAZ Suns Complete Trade with Raptors 905 - Northern Arizona Suns
- Blue Coats Acquire Terrence Drisdom and Nate Hickman - Delaware Blue Coats
- Record Shooting Powers Stars to Victory - Salt Lake City Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.