Canadian Championship Final Set for Tuesday, July 26 at BC Place
VANCOUVER, BC - Vancouver Whitecaps FC will host the 2022 Canadian Championship Final against Toronto FC on Tuesday, July 26 at BC Place. Kickoff will be at 7:30 p.m. PT.
Tickets for the final will go on sale at 3 p.m. PT through ticketmaster.ca/whitecaps. Season ticket holders have the Canadian Championship Final included in their membership.
The 'Caps are seeking their first Voyageurs Cup since 2015, when they defeated Montreal Impact (now CF Montreal) 2-0 at BC Place in the second leg (4-2 on aggregate).
Whitecaps FC arrive in the final after defeating Valour FC in the preliminary round, winning at Cavalry FC in the quarterfinals, and against York United FC in the semifinals. Toronto FC entered in the quarterfinals and won at HFX Wanderers FC before taking down CF Montréal in the semifinals.
This will be the fifth time that Whitecaps FC and Toronto FC meet in the Canadian Championship Final, and the first time in the single game format. The most recent meeting came in 2018, where after a 2-2 draw at BC Place, Toronto FC took the second leg 5-2 at BMO Field.
The 2022 final will mark the fourth time that the Voyageurs Cup is lifted at BC Place. The last time that the Voyageurs Cup was decided at BC Place was in 2016. Toronto FC took the first leg 1-0 at BMO Field, but the defending champion 'Caps led 2-0 late in the second leg at home, and 2-1 on aggregate. However a goal in the fifth minute of stoppage time gave TFC the victory on the away goals rule.
The Voyageurs Cup has been awarded to the Canadian Championship winner since 2008. Created by the Voyageurs Canadian Supporters group, the trophy represents Canadian fans' commitment to the game in our country. At the completion of the competition, the tournament MVP is named as the George Gross Memorial Trophy Award winner. The Young Canadian Player Award is awarded to the best Canadian player in the competition 21 years of age or under.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 27, 2022
- Breaking New Ground: Abe Rodriguez Makes Club History as Youngest Rapids Goalkeeper with Debut against Portland - Colorado Rapids
- Columbus Crew's Lower.com Field the Place to be for Holiday Weekend on July 1 & 3 - Columbus Crew SC
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: June 27, 2022 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Hany Mukhtar Named Major League Soccer's Player of the Week Pres. by Continental Tire for Week 16 - Nashville SC
- Vote for Leo: Campana's 2022 MLS All-Star Case - Inter Miami CF
- Nashville SC Midfielder Hany Mukhtar Voted MLS Player of the Week Presented by Continental Tire for Week 16 - MLS
- Charlotte FC Midfielder Alan Franco Departs Club on Loan - Charlotte FC
- Vassilev and Duke Named to MLS Team of the Week - Inter Miami CF
- Sebastián Driussi Named to MLS Team of the Week - Austin FC
- Jaroslaw Niezgoda and Bill Tuiloma Named to MLS Team of the Week for Week 16 - Portland Timbers
- Houston Dynamo FC Defender Adam Lundkvist Named to MLSSoccer.com Team of the Week - Houston Dynamo FC
- LAFC Signs Forward Gareth Bale - Los Angeles FC
- Inter Miami CF Acquires $75,000 in General Allocation Money from LAFC - Inter Miami CF
- Canadian Championship Final Set for Tuesday, July 26 at BC Place - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Brooks Lennon to Miss 6-8 Weeks with Knee Injury - Atlanta United FC
- Sporting KC Weekly - Sporting Kansas City
- Five Points: Tinnerholm Returns - New York City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Vancouver Whitecaps FC Stories
- 'Caps Remain Three Points Outside of a Playoff Spot
- Whitecaps FC Sign Striker Easton Ongaro to an MLS Short Term Agreement
- Statement from Vancouver Whitecaps FC CEO Axel Schuster
- Clutch Comeback for Cardiac 'Caps
- Whitecaps FC Sign Wingback Ali Ahmed and Striker Simon Becher to MLS Short Term Agreements