Campbell Called up to AHL Norfolk; Painchaud and Fretter assigned to Gwinnett
The Gwinnett Gladiators announced today that forward Jeff Campbell has been called up to the Norfolk Admirals of the American Hockey League. In addition, forward Colton Fretter and Chad Painchaud have been assigned to Gwinnett by the Chicago Wolves of the American Hockey League.
So far this season in 8 games with Gwinnett, Campbell has posted 13 points on 2 goals and 11 assists. Campbell is the Gladiators' leading scorer and is tied for third place in the ECHL in scoring.
Campbell split time last season with the Gladiators and the Grand Rapids Griffins of the AHL. In only 11 games with Gwinnett last season, Campbell scored 17 points on 3 goals and 14 assists. He also tallied 10 goals and 21 assists for 31 points with Grand Rapids.
Offsetting the loss of Campbell to the Admirals are the assignments of right wing Chad Painchaud and forward Colton Fretter from the Chicago Wolves of the AHL. Fretter and Painchaud both spent last season in Gwinnett.
Painchaud notched 54 points (22g, 32a) in his season's worth of play for the Gladiators.
Fretter meanwhile, led all ECHL rookies in scoring with 36 goals and 32 assists for 68 points. Fretter also was named the ECHL's rookie of the year. Neither Fretter nor Painchaud has seen playing time with Chicago this season.
Campbell is the third Gladiators player from the preseason roster to be called up to the AHL after goaltender Dan Turple who spent four games with the Chicago Wolves and Mike Vigilante who is currently with the Manitoba Moose. Chad Denny was also assigned to Gwinnett from Chicago then recalled after three games with the Gladiators.
In addition, defenseman Scott Lehman was called up to Chicago on Monday. The Windsor, Ontario native posted an assist in three games this season with the Gladiators before being called up to Chicago.
The Gladiators continue their fifth anniversary season on Friday, November 9th as they host the Mississippi Sea Wolves at the Arena at Gwinnett Center at 7:25 p.m. Catch all the play-by-play action in Friday's game via Accessnorthga.com audio stream channel 3.
Celebrating its 20th Anniversary as the Premier 'AA' Hockey League in 2007-08, the ECHL began in 1988-89 with five teams in three states and has grown to be a coast-to-coast league that has 25 teams in 17 states and British Columbia in 2007-08. The 25 teams includes the Mississippi (Biloxi) Sea Wolves, who return after missing two seasons in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, and the expansion Elmira (N.Y.) Jackals. The ECHL will play 900 games beginning Oct. 18 and concluding Apr. 5.
The Gwinnett Gladiators continue their fifth season as a proud member of the ECHL - season ticket packages are on sale now. In addition, the Gladiators offer several unique multi-game ticket packages as well as discounted group rates, suite rentals, and birthday parties. For more information call 770-497-5100 or log on to gwinnettgladiators.com.
The Gladiators are the AA affiliate of the Atlanta Thrashers and play all home games at the spectacular 11,355-seat Arena at Gwinnett Center, located just off I-85 on Sugarloaf Parkway in Duluth, where parking is always free.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 8, 2007
- Thunder gain revenge by holding off RoadRunners - Stockton Thunder
- Thunder Powers Past RoadRunners 6-4 - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Salmon King Named In Glas Co Player Of The Week - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Aubin, Beauregard, Wilson Deliver Cyclones To First Place - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Salmon Kings' Goldie Named In Glas Co, Player Of The Week - ECHL
- Capitals Name Fitzsimmons Scout - South Carolina Stingrays
- Aces' Beckford-Tseu Named Rbk Hockey Goalie Of The Week - ECHL
- Catters Add Kassian - Texas Wildcatters
- Hurricanes Recall Manzato - Charlotte Checkers
- Final Phoenix Road Trip Precedes Rival Clash - Stockton Thunder
- Former Steelheads Ellis Name MeiGray Group ECHL Alumnus Of The Month - ECHL
- Carolina Hurricanes Assign Goalie To Wranglers - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder At Phoenix Roadrunners - Stockton Thunder
- Campbell Called up to AHL Norfolk; Painchaud and Fretter assigned to Gwinnett - Atlanta Gladiators
- Five-goal comeback gives Lynx amazing win - Augusta Lynx
- Ice Pilots Acquire Goaltender From Idaho's Kelly Cup Team - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- ECHL Today - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.