Bucks Can Inch Closer To Playoffs Wednesday
LAREDO, TX- The Laredo Bucks of the Central Hockey League host the Corpus Christi Ice Rays Wednesday on teacher apprecation night at the Laredo Entertainment Center. Game time is 7pm. All school administrators can get $8 tickets and a FREE FOOD VOUCHER for this game! This offer is not available at the box office and can only be purchased by contacting Donald Thomson at 523-7711 or [email protected] The Bucks will be honoring local administrators at the game that night by recognizing their hard work and dedication.
Wednesday March 10, 2010: (Game 58, Home Game 29) Corpus Christi (26-24-7, 59pts) at Laredo (28-19-10, 66pts) 7:00pm, LEC Radio: Imagen 94.1-FM (pre-game show 6:40pm) Online Radio: www.laredobucks.com, or http://rmx.com.mx/_principal.asp?region=5 TV: CHL-TV (http://chltv.insinc.com/)
All-time series (Regular season): Bucks lead series 67-29-5 2009-10: Bucks trail series 4-8-1 Last Meeting: 2/19/10: @CRP 9, LAR 4
Laredo enters Wednesday's game one point behind Texas for third place in the Southern Conference and have a game in hand on the Brahmas. Texas hosts Allen Wednesday at 7:05pm.
The Bucks magic number to clinch a playoff spot is four points. A Bucks win Wednesday coupled with a Rio Grande Valley loss Thursday would put Laredo in the postseason in each of their first eight seasons.
Laredo returns home Wednesday where they have had success as of late. The Bucks are currently on a four-game home winning streak and are 6-0-2 in their last eight contests at the LEC. The Bucks have not won five straight home games yet this season and will look to do that Wednesday.
The Bucks have earned points in 12 of their last 16 games overall and are 9-4-3 in that span.
The Bucks have struggled against the Ice Rays this season posting just a 4-8-1 mark against Corpus. Laredo has not beaten Corpus in regulation since December 17th when they posted a 2-0 win at the ABC.
The Bucks will play their seventh straight and final three-in-three this weekend. In all, from January 29th-March 14th the Bucks will play 22 games in 44 days (10 home, 9 away). They are 11-6-4 in that span.
*FREE TICKETS FOR LADIES NIGHT MARCH 13TH*
Saturday March 13 is Ladies Night at the LEC when the Bucks host Arizona. ALL LADIES GET INTO THE GAME FOR FREE!! Call 718-BUCK (2825) for tickets now!
There will be more ladies at the LEC on Saturday night than anywhere else in the City of Laredo.
Guys who buy a ticket to Saturday's Ladies night game will get a FREE FOOD VOUCHER! Group tickets start at just $10. Call 718-BUCK (2825).
*COMMUNITY JOB FAIR MARCH 20*
The Bucks will hold the first annual community job fair presented by Staff Connection on Saturday March 20th at the Laredo Entertainment Center.
The job fair is from 12-5pm followed by a tailgate mixer before the Bucks host Wichita in their regular season finale at the LEC. Admission to the job fair is FREE with applicants getting to meet with around 20 companies that day. For more information call 718-BUCK (2825).
*WIN FREE BUCKS PLAYOFF TICKETS*
The Bucks are giving fans a chance to get their 2010 Westwind Homes Ray Miron's President's Cup playoff package for FREE!
If you sign up for your playoff package by Saturday March 20th you will be entered in a drawing to receive your playoff package FREE!! The drawing will be held during the Bucks regular season home finale on March 20th. YOU MUST BE PRESENT AT THE MARCH 20TH GAME TO WIN!
If you sign up for your playoff package by Saturday March 20th you will also receive the following:
-One person will have the opportunity to win a private BBQ cook-out at a Westwind Homes model home for you and 20 of your friends (date TBD).
-EVERY person who signs up by March 20th will be invited to a private "State of the Bucks Playoff Address" by Coach Rosco (date and time TBD).
Call 718-BUCK (2825) now to sign up for your Westwind Homes playoff package.
The Bucks earliest home playoff game could be Monday March 23rd depending on what seed the team gets.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 9, 2010
- IceRays Gain Point In 4-3 Shootout Loss To Arizona - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Allen Americans Weekly Notes - Allen Americans
- Arizona Keeps Playoff Chances Alive With 4-3 Shootout Win - Arizona Sundogs
- Jackalopes Shut Out Rush With 3-0 Win - Odessa Jackalopes
- Mavericks Recognized In CHL's "Best Of The Best" Poll - Kansas City Mavericks
- Rush Host Fan Appreciation Weekend - Rapid City Rush
- Killer Bees Tabbed In Annual "Best Of The Best Poll" - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- McNulty Nominated For Performance Of The Week - Mississippi RiverKings
- Colt King's Hat Trick Voted CHL Performance of the Week - CHL
- Bucks Teach Ladies Hockey 101 - Laredo Bucks
- Rush Well Represented In CHL's "Best Of The Best" Poll - Rapid City Rush
- Oilers, BOK In Best Of Best - Tulsa Oilers
- Reminder: Thursday Game Moved To Next Week - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Arena, Fans Top 2010 Best Of The Best Poll - Wichita Thunder
- Mudbugs Well Represented In Best Of The Best Poll - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Bucks Can Inch Closer To Playoffs Wednesday - Laredo Bucks
- Sundogs Recognized In Annual CHL "Best Of The Best" - Arizona Sundogs
- Nelson, Eagles Dominate "Best Of The Best" - Colorado Eagles
- Americans Win Four Best Of The Best Awards - Allen Americans
- RiverKings Among Best Of The Best - Mississippi RiverKings
- Bucks Represented In Best Of The Best Poll - Laredo Bucks
- Gorillas rank among the "Best of the Best" - Amarillo Gorillas
- CHL's Best Of The Best Poll Released - Odessa Jackalopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.