Brett Kulak Joins Heat
Abbotsford, BC - The Calgary Flames announced today that they have assigned defenceman Brett Kulak to the Abbotsford Heat of the American Hockey League.
Kulak, a native of Stony Plain, Alberta, played in 69 games with the Vancouver Giants (WHL) this season, and registered a career high of 60 points (14-46-60) and 51 penalty minutes. Kulak is a former 4th round pick (105th overall) of the Calgary Flames in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft. He appeared in four games last season with the Abbotsford Heat.
The Heat and Comets will finish their season series in Utica on Saturday March 29th at 4:00 PM PST. The Heat's next home game is on Friday, April 4th against the Rockford IceHogs (AHL affiliate of the Chicago Blackhawks). NHL Veteran Brendan Morrison will be making an appearance as part of the Heat's 'Legends of Hockey series'.
Morrison will be available for autographs on the concourse of the Abbotsford Entertainment and Sports Centre (AESC) on a first come, first served basis. For fans who lead a group sale of 10 or more tickets for this game, they and a guest will have the opportunity to participate in an exclusive meet and greet with Morrison. For tickets, please call 1-877-452-HEAT (4328) or visit us online at www.abbotsfordheat.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 29, 2014
- Barons rally late, fall in shootout - Oklahoma City Barons
- Monsters Fall in Shootout in Chicago, 5-4 - Cleveland Monsters
- Wolves Repulse Monsters with Another Late Rally - Chicago Wolves
- Another Sellout Sees Griffins Roll Rockford, 4-1 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Fan Appreciation Night Crowd Watches Exciting Shootout Game - Adirondack Phantoms
- Admirals on Wrong End of 2-1 Score for Second Straight Night - Norfolk Admirals
- Tom Caron Inducted into Portland Pirates Hall of Fame - Portland Pirates
- Senators Top Crunch in Shootout, 4-3 - Syracuse Crunch
- Stars Pummel Bulldogs to Set New Franchise Record Win Streak - Texas Stars
- Pens Post Second Straight 2-1 Win over Admirals - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Pirates Oust Monarchs 7-5 - Portland Pirates
- Kostopoulos Appears in 400th Game with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Ship Wrecked Monarchs fall to the Pirates, 7-5 - Manchester Monarchs
- Bulldogs Fall to Stars 6-1 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Hogs Trumped by Griffins - Rockford IceHogs
- Wolf Pack defeats Bridgeport - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Bears Edge Past IceCaps in 12-Round Shootout - Hershey Bears
- Sens Survive Shootout for 4-3 Win over Crunch - Binghamton Senators
- Falcons Outlast Phantoms in Shootout - Springfield Falcons
- Jets Re-Assign Michael Hutchinson to IceCaps - St. John's IceCaps
- Bears Shade IceCaps 2-1 in Shootout - St. John's IceCaps
- Heat Cruise to 7-2 Win over Comets - Abbotsford Heat
- Sound Tigers Shut down by Hartford - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Sharks Improve to 10-1 in Shootout with 4-3 Victory in Albany - Worcester Sharks
- Devils Register Point, Fall In Shootout - Albany Devils
- Dallas Stars Return Chris Mueller from Texas Stars - Texas Stars
- Wild Beats Marlies 2-1 in a Shootout - Iowa Wild
- Flames Recall Chad Billins from Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- G Scott Clemmensen Recalled from San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Blackhawks First Round Pick Hartman to Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Gameday: Comets vs Abbotsford - Utica Comets
- Jason Missiaen Reassigned to Wolf Pack - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Worcester Sharks Host Tommy Wingels You Can Play Bobblehead Giveaway - Worcester Sharks
- Brett Kulak Joins Heat - Abbotsford Heat
- Dallas Stars Recall Chris Mueller from Texas Stars - Texas Stars
- Albany Devils Host Worcester Sharks Tonight at 5 PM - Albany Devils
- Pirates Induct Tom Caron into Hall of Fame, Face Monarchs Tonight - Portland Pirates
- Olofsson and Labbe Ink ATOs, Iowa Signs Macqueen - Iowa Wild
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.