Boykin's 29-Points Not Enough for Vipers in Road Loss to Memphis
SOUTHAVEN, Miss. - The Rio Grande Valley Vipers (6-16) were defeated by Memphis Hustle (16-4) 113-128 on Tuesday at Landers Center.
Five players finished in double figures for RGV, led by a 29-point performance from Jacobi Boykins from off the bench. The forward shot 10-16 FGM and 7-11 from beyond the arc.
Ray Spalding earned his fourth double-double in a row with 13 points and 16 rebounds. Another outstanding performance was made by rookie Kerwin Roach II who tallied 20 points, two rebounds and five assists.
Jarrod Uthoff and Dusty Hannahs finished with 30 points each in the Hustle's big win. Uthoff was short on a double-double as he tallied nine rebounds and contributed three assists. Memphis Grizzlies assignee Josh Jackson totaled 20 points adding six rebounds and five assists.
The Vipers return to Bert Ogden Arena for Star Wars night on Friday, January 3 at 7:30 p.m. CT as they host Northern Arizona. For more information, contact the RGV Vipers at 956-56-ARENA or visit www.rgvipers.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 31, 2019
- South Bay Counts up the Points in Final Countdown of 2019 - South Bay Lakers
- Skyforce Comeback Falls Short in 99-92 Loss to Blue - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Oklahoma City Holds on at Sioux Falls - Oklahoma City Blue
- Wisconsin Herd Acquires Guard Brandon Randolph - Wisconsin Herd
- Hustle Enter 2020 on High Note with Victory over Vipers - Memphis Hustle
- Boykin's 29-Points Not Enough for Vipers in Road Loss to Memphis - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Edwards, Brown Lead Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Austin Spurs Acquire Angel Rodriguez from Rio Grande Valley Vipers - Austin Spurs
- Vipers Make Roster Moves - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.