Oklahoma City Holds on at Sioux Falls
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. - The Oklahoma City Blue (7-12) beat the Sioux Falls Skyforce (8-13), 99-92, on Tuesday night.
With under two minutes to play, Sioux Falls' Bubu Palo split a pair of free throws to put the Skyforce within three points. Two-way player Luguentz Dort responded with a reverse layup on the other end and Oklahoma City held Sioux Falls to two points for the remainder of the quarter to seal the road victory.
Dort finished with 21 points, three rebounds, two assists and two steals. It marked his 10th game scoring in double digits this season.
Oklahoma City led by as many as 18 points in the game and was up 57-41 at halftime. Kevin Hervey led the Blue with 14 points at the half and finished with 19 points and 11 rebounds for his third double-double this season.
Thunder assignment player Justin Patton tallied 13 points, six rebounds and three blocks. He was one of six in double digits for Oklahoma City.
The Blue outrebounded the Skyforce, 47-41, and scored 10 second-chance points while limiting Sioux Falls to just two.
Sioux Falls was led by 16 points and four assists off the bench from Palo.
The road trip continues on Jan. 3 as Oklahoma City heads to face the Erie BayHawks at 6 p.m. CST at the Erie Insurance Arena.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 31, 2019
- South Bay Counts up the Points in Final Countdown of 2019 - South Bay Lakers
- Skyforce Comeback Falls Short in 99-92 Loss to Blue - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Oklahoma City Holds on at Sioux Falls - Oklahoma City Blue
- Wisconsin Herd Acquires Guard Brandon Randolph - Wisconsin Herd
- Hustle Enter 2020 on High Note with Victory over Vipers - Memphis Hustle
- Boykin's 29-Points Not Enough for Vipers in Road Loss to Memphis - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Edwards, Brown Lead Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Austin Spurs Acquire Angel Rodriguez from Rio Grande Valley Vipers - Austin Spurs
- Vipers Make Roster Moves - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.