Border Battle Returns to Dow Diamond
MIDLAND, Mich. - The Great Lakes Loons, the Amateur Softball Association (ASA) of America, USA Softball and the City of Midland are pleased to announce that Border Battle XI will return to Midland for the second time July 26-28 at Dow Diamond. The three-day event will feature Slow Pitch Men's and Women's National Teams from USA Softball and Canada.
"We're very excited to bring an international event like this to our ballpark and the Great Lakes Bay Region," Loons President and General Manager Brad Tammen said. "It says a lot about what USA Softball thinks of our facilities and community that they decided to bring this massive event back to our community and stadium."
Midland will become the softball capital of the world with 19 games over three days beginning at 9:30 a.m. each day. Games will feature teams from both the United States and Canada and take place all day on both Friday and Saturday with eight games each day, as well as a trio on Sunday.
The spotlight events will be held in the 7 p.m. windows when the USA Futures play Team Canada on Friday night and Team USA plays Team Canada on Saturday under the lights. Sunday will have a doubleheader as Team USA will face off against the USA Futures.
Admission is free the entire weekend. Fans can bring lawn chairs to sit on the right field hill and throughout the outfield. Great Lakes Grill concessions stands on the Dow Diamond concourse will be open serving ballpark eats. Team USA merchandise and equipment vendors will be on hand with apparel available for purchase.
Below is a full schedule of events. It will also be available at Loons.com.
Friday, July 26
9:30 AM Canada vs. OC
11:00 AM USA Futures vs. Local 2
12:30 PM USA vs. OC
2:30 PM Canada vs. Wallace Lawn Care/Gillies
4:00 PM USA Futures vs. Comotose
5:30 PM USA vs. Wallace Lawn Care/Gillies
7:00 PM USA Futures vs. Canada
9:00 PM USA Futures vs. Canada
Saturday, July 27
9:30 AM Canada vs. Local 2
11:00 AM USA vs. OC
12:30 PM USA Futures vs. Local 2
2:30 PM USA vs. Comotose
4:00 PM Coed Futures 1 vs. Coed Futures 2
5:30 PM USA vs. Canada
7:00 PM USA vs. Canada
9:00 PM USA Futures vs. Wallace Lawn Care/Gillies
Sunday, July 28
9:30 AM Canada vs. Comotose
11:00 AM USA vs. USA Futures
1:00 PM USA vs. USA Futures
USA Softball is a 501(c)(3) not-for profit organization headquartered in Oklahoma City, Okla., and is designated as the National Governing Body (NGB) of Softball in the United States and a member of the United States Olympic Committee. One of the nation's largest sports organizations, USA Softball sanctions competition through a network of local associations, which includes all 50 states and select metro associations, and has grown from a few hundred teams in the early days to over 120,000 teams today, representing a membership of more than 2 million. USA Softball is responsible for training, equipping and promoting the six USA Softball National Teams that compete in events such as the Olympics, Pan American Games, World Championships and other international and domestic events. For more information on USA Softball, including its founding and history as the Amateur Softball Association of America (ASA), please visit, www.USASoftball.com.
The Great Lakes Loons have been the Single-A partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers since the team's inception in 2007. Dow Diamond serves as the team's home and also houses the Michigan Baseball Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit public charity, and ESPN 100.9-FM. For tickets or information about the Loons, call 989-837-BALL or visit Loons.com.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from July 12, 2019
- Hot Rods Fall 5-4 and Suffer Sweep to Snappers - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Cougars Offense Explodes in South Bend Demolition - Kane County Cougars
- Captains Escape Clinton with Narrow Win - Lake County Captains
- 'Caps Batter Bees, 12-1 - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Cougars Power Past Cubs 10-1 in Series Finale - South Bend Cubs
- Fort Wayne Smashes Bees' Streak - Burlington Bees
- Distillers Drop Close One Friday - Peoria Chiefs
- Ninth Inning Rally Falls One Run Short - Clinton LumberKings
- Manzanero's Home Run Is Not Enough as Dragons Fall to Wisconsin, 4-2 - Dayton Dragons
- Pitching Propels Loons to Series Sweep - Great Lakes Loons
- River Bandits Win Rubber Match in West Michigan 6-2 - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Loons Lift off for Shutout, Series Sweep - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Wisconsin Beats Dragons 4-2 to Take Series - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- TinCaps Game Notes: July 12 at Burlington (Game 89) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Border Battle Returns to Dow Diamond - Great Lakes Loons
- Dragons Notes for Friday - Dayton Dragons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.