Fort Wayne Smashes Bees' Streak
The Bees five-game winning streak came to an abrupt end Friday night as Burlington suffered a 12-1 drubbing at the hands of the Fort Wayne Tin Caps.
Hector Yan, the league leader in strike outs, had trouble locating the zone in his 3.1 innings. He took his third loss of the season to move his record to 3-3. He struck out 5, walked 1 and gave up 6 runs on 6 hits.
Eduardo Del Rosario threw the middle 3.2 without much better results. He gave up 2 runs on 4 hits, while Austin Krzeminski finished the final two innings by giving up 4 runs on 5 hits.
Yan, who had given up only 2 home runs on the year, gave up one in the first to Juan Fernandez, and one in the fourth to Michael Curry. It was a night where everything the Tin Caps put into play seemed to fall, as they chalked up 15 hits.
Two of Burlington's 6 hits were triples by Spencer Griffin. He is now tied for third in the league with six. Harrison Wenson had a double and a single.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from July 12, 2019
- Hot Rods Fall 5-4 and Suffer Sweep to Snappers - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Cougars Offense Explodes in South Bend Demolition - Kane County Cougars
- Captains Escape Clinton with Narrow Win - Lake County Captains
- 'Caps Batter Bees, 12-1 - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Cougars Power Past Cubs 10-1 in Series Finale - South Bend Cubs
- Fort Wayne Smashes Bees' Streak - Burlington Bees
- Distillers Drop Close One Friday - Peoria Chiefs
- Ninth Inning Rally Falls One Run Short - Clinton LumberKings
- Manzanero's Home Run Is Not Enough as Dragons Fall to Wisconsin, 4-2 - Dayton Dragons
- Pitching Propels Loons to Series Sweep - Great Lakes Loons
- River Bandits Win Rubber Match in West Michigan 6-2 - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Loons Lift off for Shutout, Series Sweep - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Wisconsin Beats Dragons 4-2 to Take Series - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- TinCaps Game Notes: July 12 at Burlington (Game 89) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Border Battle Returns to Dow Diamond - Great Lakes Loons
- Dragons Notes for Friday - Dayton Dragons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.