Dragons Notes for Friday
Friday, July 12, 2019 l Game # 21 (91)
Fifth Third Field l Dayton, Ohio l 7:08 p.m.
TV: Dayton's CW (26) l Radio: Fox Sports 980 WONE
Wisconsin Timber Rattlers (12-8, 43-46) at Dayton Dragons (8-12, 37-53)
RH Logan Gillaspie (2-5, 3.93) vs. RH Lyon Richardson (2-6, 4.46)
Today's Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers (affiliate of the Milwaukee Brewers) in the last game of a three-game series.
Last Game: Thursday: Wisconsin 1, Dayton 0. Three Wisconsin pitchers combined on an eight-hit shutout. The only run of the game came in the sixth inning on a sacrifice fly after Wisconsin had loaded the bases with no outs. The Dragons left runners at second and third in both the eighth and ninth innings. Jay Schuyler led the Dragons, going 3 for 3 with a walk. Dragons reliever Clate Schmidt tossed three scoreless innings in his debut with the team. Jhon De Jesus allowed just one run in six innings but was charged with the loss. The teams have split the first two games of the series.
Dragons pitchers have allowed just three runs (1.50 ERA) in the two games of the current series. Dragons relievers have allowed one run in eight innings.
Ricky Salinas has been chosen as the Cincinnati Reds Minor League Pitcher of the Month for June. Salinas in June: 5 GS, 2-0, 1.03 ERA, 26.1 IP, 17 H, 4 R, 3 ER, 7 BB, 22 SO, .181 Opps. Avg. Salinas over his last seven starts is 3-0 with a 1.69 ERA (37.1 IP, 7 ER).
- The Dragons top hitters in the Second Half (20 G) have included Bren Spillane (.360, 5 doubles, 1 HR, 6 RBI); Mariel Bautista (.304, 2 doubles, 1 HR); Pabel Manzanero (.325, 9 doubles, 2 HR, 9 RBI, .519 slg. pct.).
Bren Spillane over his last 11 games is batting .421 (16 for 38).
Pabel Manzanero has a eight-game hitting streak, going 14-34 (.412).
Mariel Bautista is hitting .304 in 16 games since returning from the injured list. He was out for 31 days with a shoulder injury.
Matt Pidich over his last 16 games: 1.20 ERA, 30 IP, 18 H, 9 R, 4 ER, 10 BB, 29 SO.
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (Game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Saturday, July 13 (7:08 p.m.): Beloit RH Bryce Nightengale (1-2, 4.32) at Dayton RH Alexis Diaz (6-4, 5.68) TV: Dayton's CW (26)
Sunday, July 14 (2:08 p.m.): Beloit RH Joe DeMers (2-3, 4.76) at Dayton RH Ricky Salinas (4-3, 3.59) TV: Dayton's CW (26)
Monday, July 15 (7:00 p.m.): Beloit RH Aiden McIntyre (2-6, 4.82) at Dayton RH Eduardo Salazar (4-1, 4.58)
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from July 12, 2019
- Hot Rods Fall 5-4 and Suffer Sweep to Snappers - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Cougars Offense Explodes in South Bend Demolition - Kane County Cougars
- Captains Escape Clinton with Narrow Win - Lake County Captains
- 'Caps Batter Bees, 12-1 - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Cougars Power Past Cubs 10-1 in Series Finale - South Bend Cubs
- Fort Wayne Smashes Bees' Streak - Burlington Bees
- Distillers Drop Close One Friday - Peoria Chiefs
- Ninth Inning Rally Falls One Run Short - Clinton LumberKings
- Manzanero's Home Run Is Not Enough as Dragons Fall to Wisconsin, 4-2 - Dayton Dragons
- Pitching Propels Loons to Series Sweep - Great Lakes Loons
- River Bandits Win Rubber Match in West Michigan 6-2 - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Loons Lift off for Shutout, Series Sweep - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Wisconsin Beats Dragons 4-2 to Take Series - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- TinCaps Game Notes: July 12 at Burlington (Game 89) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Border Battle Returns to Dow Diamond - Great Lakes Loons
- Dragons Notes for Friday - Dayton Dragons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dayton Dragons Stories
- Dragons Fall in Road Trip Finale, 9-3 at Kane County
- Reds First Round Pick Nick Lodolo to Join Dragons for Thursday Start
- Dragons Homestand Preview for July 24-26
- Dragons Notes for Monday
- Kane County Tops Dragons on Sunday, 8-5; Road Trip Concludes Monday Afternoon