Distillers Drop Close One Friday
Peoria, IL - The Peoria Chiefs, playing in their annual throwback game as the Peoria Distillers took an early lead but ultimately fell to the Lansing Lugnuts 8-2 Friday night in front of another crowd of more than 4000 at Dozer Park. With three hits, two RBI, a double and a run scored, Brady Whalen was named as the Pekin Insurance Player of the Game.
With the game scoreless in the second inning Whalen led off for the Distillers with a double to the wall in left. Leandro Cedeno singled to center to put the hosts on top 1-0 and Brandon Riley followed with a single. A double play moved Cedeno to third but he was left there as the Distillers led 1-0.
Whalen delivered another run-scoring single in the eighth. Brendan Donovan led off with a single and Ivan Herrera drew a one-out walk. Whalen roped a single to right to get his second RBI and third hit of the night.
Peoria welcomes the Great Lakes Loons to town and Saturday, July 13 is Margaritaville Night at 6:35 p.m. with post-game fireworks and the first 1000 fans 13 and over get a Chiefs bucket hat courtesy of Stratus Networks. Also on Saturday the first 500 fans get TOPPS baseball cards and there will be a raffle for a Joe Torre signed baseball from the Safe At Home Foundation. Sunday, July 14 is a 5:05 p.m. start with Tiaras/Wand and Pirate Swords giveaway to the first 500 kids 12 and under plus appearances by Princesses & Pirates from A Royal Remembrance for Princess and Pirate Night. Monday, July 15 is an 11:05 a.m. game with Splash Day and half-price tickets.
Individual game tickets, group tickets and season ticket packages, including full-season, a 35-game ticket package, an 18-game ticket package or a Flex Plan are currently on sale by calling 309-680-4000. Individual game tickets are also on sale with the Dozer Park Box Office open Monday - Friday from 10:00 am - 5:00 pm and online at www.peoriachiefs.com which also lists all of the season's promotions. Game times and promotions are subject to change. The broadcast can be heard, starting with the Pre-Game Show at 6:20 p.m. on the Peoria Chiefs Tune-In Page, which is free and also has a free app for smartphones and tablets. The game is also available on MiLB.tv to subscribers.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from July 12, 2019
- Hot Rods Fall 5-4 and Suffer Sweep to Snappers - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Cougars Offense Explodes in South Bend Demolition - Kane County Cougars
- Captains Escape Clinton with Narrow Win - Lake County Captains
- 'Caps Batter Bees, 12-1 - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Cougars Power Past Cubs 10-1 in Series Finale - South Bend Cubs
- Fort Wayne Smashes Bees' Streak - Burlington Bees
- Distillers Drop Close One Friday - Peoria Chiefs
- Ninth Inning Rally Falls One Run Short - Clinton LumberKings
- Manzanero's Home Run Is Not Enough as Dragons Fall to Wisconsin, 4-2 - Dayton Dragons
- Pitching Propels Loons to Series Sweep - Great Lakes Loons
- River Bandits Win Rubber Match in West Michigan 6-2 - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Loons Lift off for Shutout, Series Sweep - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Wisconsin Beats Dragons 4-2 to Take Series - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- TinCaps Game Notes: July 12 at Burlington (Game 89) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Border Battle Returns to Dow Diamond - Great Lakes Loons
- Dragons Notes for Friday - Dayton Dragons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.