Distillers Drop Close One Friday
Peoria, IL - The Peoria Chiefs, playing in their annual throwback game as the Peoria Distillers took an early lead but ultimately fell to the Lansing Lugnuts 8-2 Friday night in front of another crowd of more than 4000 at Dozer Park. With three hits, two RBI, a double and a run scored, Brady Whalen was named as the Pekin Insurance Player of the Game.
With the game scoreless in the second inning Whalen led off for the Distillers with a double to the wall in left. Leandro Cedeno singled to center to put the hosts on top 1-0 and Brandon Riley followed with a single. A double play moved Cedeno to third but he was left there as the Distillers led 1-0.
Whalen delivered another run-scoring single in the eighth. Brendan Donovan led off with a single and Ivan Herrera drew a one-out walk. Whalen roped a single to right to get his second RBI and third hit of the night.
Peoria welcomes the Great Lakes Loons to town and Saturday, July 13 is Margaritaville Night at 6:35 p.m. with post-game fireworks and the first 1000 fans 13 and over get a Chiefs bucket hat courtesy of Stratus Networks. Also on Saturday the first 500 fans get TOPPS baseball cards and there will be a raffle for a Joe Torre signed baseball from the Safe At Home Foundation. Sunday, July 14 is a 5:05 p.m. start with Tiaras/Wand and Pirate Swords giveaway to the first 500 kids 12 and under plus appearances by Princesses & Pirates from A Royal Remembrance for Princess and Pirate Night. Monday, July 15 is an 11:05 a.m. game with Splash Day and half-price tickets.
Individual game tickets, group tickets and season ticket packages, including full-season, a 35-game ticket package, an 18-game ticket package or a Flex Plan are currently on sale by calling 309-680-4000. Individual game tickets are also on sale with the Dozer Park Box Office open Monday - Friday from 10:00 am - 5:00 pm and online at www.peoriachiefs.com which also lists all of the season's promotions. Game times and promotions are subject to change. The broadcast can be heard, starting with the Pre-Game Show at 6:20 p.m. on the Peoria Chiefs Tune-In Page, which is free and also has a free app for smartphones and tablets. The game is also available on MiLB.tv to subscribers.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from July 12, 2019
- Hot Rods Fall 5-4 and Suffer Sweep to Snappers - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Cougars Offense Explodes in South Bend Demolition - Kane County Cougars
- Captains Escape Clinton with Narrow Win - Lake County Captains
- 'Caps Batter Bees, 12-1 - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Cougars Power Past Cubs 10-1 in Series Finale - South Bend Cubs
- Fort Wayne Smashes Bees' Streak - Burlington Bees
- Distillers Drop Close One Friday - Peoria Chiefs
- Ninth Inning Rally Falls One Run Short - Clinton LumberKings
- Manzanero's Home Run Is Not Enough as Dragons Fall to Wisconsin, 4-2 - Dayton Dragons
- Pitching Propels Loons to Series Sweep - Great Lakes Loons
- River Bandits Win Rubber Match in West Michigan 6-2 - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Loons Lift off for Shutout, Series Sweep - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Wisconsin Beats Dragons 4-2 to Take Series - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- TinCaps Game Notes: July 12 at Burlington (Game 89) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Border Battle Returns to Dow Diamond - Great Lakes Loons
- Dragons Notes for Friday - Dayton Dragons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Peoria Chiefs Stories
- Chiefs Single Game Tickets Go on Sale March 16
- Chiefs Announce 2020 Bobble Heads and Theme Ticket Packages
- Chiefs Announce 2020 Fireworks Dates
- Chiefs Scholarship Applications Open Until March 4
- Almonte Returns as Chiefs Manager in 2020; Gabella & Martin Join Staff