Booyah Set Record in Win Versus Rockford
Rockford, IL - The Green Bay Booyah set a Northwoods League record with 18 strikeouts on Wednesday night in a 6-4 win over the Rockford Rivets.
The Booyah capitalized on the offensive end early on Wednesday, as they scored five runs in the first frame. In the first, Cooper Morrison led off the inning with a walk. After Blaise Maris bunted to advance Morrison, Brady West singled up the middle to score the run and give Green Bay the lead. Later in the inning, with the bases loaded, Jacob Buchberger scored on a wild pitch to put the Booyah up 3-0. Logan Matson picked up an RBI on a sacrifice fly with the bases full, and then Mike Ruggiero grabbed an RBI on a single into left field, scoring Conner Goodman and putting the Booyah up for good.
On the mound, Green Bay dominated from start to finish with a heavy senior rotation. Starter Melvin Frazier picked up six strikeouts over the course of three innings to set the way for a record setting night. Out of the bullpen, Tommy Miller dominated in relief, going four innings and striking out eight Rivet batters. Miller, a graduate of Siena College, picked up his third win of the season. Chris Roycroft went an inning, giving up one hit and striking out two batters in his final game with the Booyah, and Will Saxton snagged his fourth save of the year, striking out two. The 18 strikeouts on the night for Green Bay tied a Northwoods League record for most K's in a nine-inning game.
For Green Bay, the win gave them their ninth victory of the Great Lakes East Division this season. The Booyah did not lose a single series against the East, and swept Kalamazoo.
The Booyah head to Mequon for their last game of the season on the road in Lakeshore. First pitch is set for 6:35 p.m. and Dalton Wiggins makes the start for Green Bay.
Capital Credit Union Park features over 1,500 free parking spots within a 5-minute walk. Visit booyahbaseball.com for details.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 7, 2019
- Growlers Bounce Back with a Sweep of the Woodchucks - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Top of the Order Powers Bucks to 9-2 Sweep - Waterloo Bucks
- Bombers Thrashed by Mallards on Wednesday Night - Battle Creek Bombers
- Kingfish Sweep Rafters - Kenosha Kingfish
- Huskies and Loggers Split Wednesday's Twin Bill - Duluth Huskies
- Booyah Set Record in Win Versus Rockford - Green Bay Booyah
- Campbell and MoonDogs Complete Sweep of Rox Wednesday - Mankato MoonDogs
- Woodchucks Unable to Catch the Growlers - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Mallards Strong Pitching Blows Away Bombers - Madison Mallards
- Rafters Look to Bounce Back in Finale with Kenosha - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Kalamazoo Growlers Playoff Update - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Three Honkers Compete in Major League Dreams Showcase - Rochester Honkers
- Mallards Clash with Battle Creek for Last Time During Regular Season - Madison Mallards
- Mallards Host 2019 Major League Dream Showcase - Northwoods
- Mallards Host 2019 Major League Dream Showcase - Madison Mallards
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.