Boomers Break Slide by Doubling up Otters
EVANSVILLE, IN - The Schaumburg Boomers, presented by Wintrust Community Banks, broke a four-game losing streak by slugging six extra-base hits in a 6-3 win over the Evansville Otters in the opener of a weekend series in Southern Indiana.
After being shutout by Evansville's Randy Wynne last Sunday, the Boomers grabbed control of the game early against the righty. Dylan Jones doubled with two outs in the top of the first inning and scored moments later on a double from Nick Oddo. The Boomers tallied three consecutive two out hits in the frame. Evansville tied the game in the second before the Boomers broke the contest open with four runs in the top of the third. Jimmy Galusky notched his first hit with the team, a double. Jones followed with a two-run homer over the wall in right. Fellow newcomer Trey Ganns tacked on a two-run single in the frame. The lead reached 6-1 when Connor Oliver tripled to begin the fourth and scored on a single from Jack Parenty. Evansville chipped away, but the bullpen held fast as the Boomers collected the victory.
Aurora native Matt Miller earned the win in his professional debut. The rookie allowed two runs in five innings while walking two and striking out five. Connor Eller closed the game with a strikeout to collect his seventh save, tied for the league lead. Oddo finished with three hits, including two doubles, to go with a run and an RBI. Jones and Oliver both tallied a pair of hits with Jones scoring twice and driving home two.
The Boomers (17-14) continue the trip on Saturday night at 6:35 p.m. LHP Aaron Rozek (1-2, 2.33) is the scheduled starter for the Boomers. The team returns home on June 18 to begin a six-game homestand. Visit boomersbaseball.com for tickets and information or call 847-461-3695.
• Discuss this story on the Frontier League message board...
Frontier League Stories from June 14, 2019
- Early ThunderBolts Runs Doom Grizzlies - Gateway Grizzlies
- Miners Stun Rascals with Walk-Off Win - River City Rascals
- Wild Things Rout Slammers in Game One, 12-0 - Joliet Slammers
- ThunderBolts Offense Explodes in Win at Gateway - Windy City ThunderBolts
- Freedom Drop Series Opener with Lake Erie - Florence Y'alls
- Boomers Break Slide by Doubling up Otters - Schaumburg Boomers
- Cardinals Sign Roach - River City Rascals
- Lake Erie Wins Series in Joliet with Late Game Magic - Lake Erie Crushers
- Rascals Win Finale 4-1 - River City Rascals
- Welch Goes Eight Strong as Otters Earn Series Win - Evansville Otters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.