Blue Coats Extend Winning Streak to Four in Final Seconds against Capital City
WILMINGTON - The Delaware Blue Coats (7-4), the NBA G League affiliate of the Philadelphia 76ers, defeated the Capital City Go-Go (5-6), 110-109, on Friday night at 76ers Fieldhouse for the team's fourth-straight victory. 76ers two-way contract player Marial Shayok scored a game-high 31 points (13-23 fg, 4-7 3fg, 1-1 ft) in 30 minutes of action. Jonah Bolden, on assignment from the 76ers, converted a putback dunk with 5.4 seconds remaining to take the lead.
Bolden posted his third double-double of the season and his eighth overall in a Blue Coats uniform with 14 points (6-9 fg, 1-2 3fg, 1-2 ft), 13 rebounds and five assists in 31 minutes. Christ Koumadje also secured a double-double, his second of the season for the home team, with a season-high 20 points (7-9 fg, 3-3 ft), 12 rebounds and two blocked shots in 20 minutes as a reserve. Jared Brownridge added 16 points (6-11 fg, 4-8 3fg) in 22 minutes off the bench in the victory. Brownridge has now converted four triples or more on five occasions this season, after doing so in 30 of his 49 appearances (61 percent) with the Blue Coats during the 2018-19 campaign.
76ers two-way contract player Norvel Pelle nearly racked up his third consecutive double-double with the Blue Coats, finishing with 12 points (5-9 fg, 1-1 ft) and nine rebounds in 19 minutes.
Delaware grabbed 59 total rebounds for a plus-22 margin on the glass. Friday marks the second time this season that the team has recorded 59 rebounds, two shy of the season-high 61 rebounds posted on Dec. 1 at Lakeland. Delaware has corralled 55 rebounds or more in six of the team's 11 games to this point.
The Blue Coats led 61-56 at halftime in a game that saw 12 total lead changes. The team improves to a perfect 6-0 overall when leading at the break.
For Capital City, Jerian Grant led the way with a season-high 25 points (6-13 fg, 2-4 3fg, 7-8 ft) to go along with six rebounds, six assists and three steals in a game-high 36 minutes. Jalen Jones collected 20 points (6-10 fg, 4-6 3fg, 2-3 ft) and eight rebounds in 34 minutes for the visitors, while Jalen Hudson added 19 points (8-18 fg, 3-6 3fg), seven rebounds and three steals in his first start of the season.
It is a quick turnaround for the Blue Coats, as the team will complete its second back-to-back of the season on Saturday night with a visit to Maine to take on the Red Claws at 7:00 p.m. ET.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 6, 2019
- Blue Coats Extend Winning Streak to Four in Final Seconds against Capital City - Delaware Blue Coats
- Austin Spurs Defeat Sioux Falls Skyforce 116-107 - Austin Spurs
- Long Island Falls Short to Santa Cruz Despite Late Rally - Long Island Nets
- Magic Swat the Swarm in Final Seconds - Lakeland Magic
- Mad Ants Acquire Tre Kelley - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Stockton Kings Acquire Jalen Reynolds - Stockton Kings
- Healed and Hungry, Tyler Ennis Is Back - Raptors 905
- Greensboro Swarm, Academy Sports + Outdoors Team up for Holiday Shopping Spree for Local Kids - Greensboro Swarm
- Timberwolves Recall Jaylen Nowell from G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Windy City Falls to 5-5 with Loss to Agua Caliente - Windy City Bulls
- Stars Defeat Lakers for Seventh-Straight Victory - Salt Lake City Stars
- Clippers End Losing Streak with Win over Bulls - Agua Caliente Clippers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.