Austin Spurs Defeat Sioux Falls Skyforce 116-107
CEDAR PARK, Texas - The Austin Spurs (6-5), presented by SWBC, defeated the Sioux Falls Skyforce (5-7) by a final score of 116-107 on Friday night at the H-E-B Center at Cedar Park for their Season of Giving Night.
On the night, seven Spurs scored in double digits. Dedric Lawson led all Spurs in scoring and finished with a double-double, posting 22 points (10-16 FG, 1-4 3FG, 1-1 FT) and 12 rebounds in 18 minutes. San Antonio Spurs assignee Keldon Johnson finished the game with 21 points (9-16 FG, 3-6 3FG) and 5 rebounds in 32 minutes. Spurs assignee Chimezie Metu posted 16 points and 6 rebounds in 30 minutes, while Spurs assignee Luka Samanic recorded 11 points and 6 rebounds in 29 minutes. Three other Spurs scored in double digit points, including Quinndary Weatherspoon (13), Jeff Ledbetter (11) and Matt Farrell (10).
The game was tightly contested throughout the first half with neither team being able to pull away from the other. The score was tied on four separate occasions, with the lead changing seven times. As a team, the Austin Spurs shot .490 percent (25-51) from the field and .421 percent (8-19) from the three-point line in the first half. Johnson scored 15 of his 21 points in the first half, allowing the Spurs to take a 61-53 lead at the end of the second quarter.
The game continued to remain close in the third quarter, but the Spurs pulled away in the fourth, taking a 17-point lead, their largest of the game, with 3:12 left in the fourth quarter. The Skyforce pulled within single digits with 1:02 left, but they were unable to overcome the deficit, giving the Spurs a 116-107 victory.
For the Skyforce, Davon Reed posted a near double-double, finishing with 17 points (7-18 FG, 3-9 3FG) and 9 rebounds in 36 minutes. Jarrett Jack contributed 17 points and 8 assists in 23 minutes coming off the bench.
The Austin Spurs play the second of a back to back tomorrow when they host the Iowa Wolves on Dec. 7 at 7 p.m. for Spurs Affiliate Night. For tickets or the full season schedule, visit austinspurs.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 6, 2019
- Blue Coats Extend Winning Streak to Four in Final Seconds against Capital City - Delaware Blue Coats
- Austin Spurs Defeat Sioux Falls Skyforce 116-107 - Austin Spurs
- Long Island Falls Short to Santa Cruz Despite Late Rally - Long Island Nets
- Magic Swat the Swarm in Final Seconds - Lakeland Magic
- Mad Ants Acquire Tre Kelley - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Stockton Kings Acquire Jalen Reynolds - Stockton Kings
- Healed and Hungry, Tyler Ennis Is Back - Raptors 905
- Greensboro Swarm, Academy Sports + Outdoors Team up for Holiday Shopping Spree for Local Kids - Greensboro Swarm
- Timberwolves Recall Jaylen Nowell from G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Windy City Falls to 5-5 with Loss to Agua Caliente - Windy City Bulls
- Stars Defeat Lakers for Seventh-Straight Victory - Salt Lake City Stars
- Clippers End Losing Streak with Win over Bulls - Agua Caliente Clippers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Austin Spurs Stories
- Austin Spurs Select Jonathan Kasibabu, Anthony Mathis and Kaleb Johnson in 2021 NBA G League Draft
- Statement from San Antonio Spurs General Manager Brian Wright
- Spurs Announce Basketball Operations Staff Additions & Promotions
- Austin Spurs Head Coach Matthew Nielsen Appointed as Australian Boomers Head Assistant Coach
- Spurs Announce 2020-21 Training Camp Roster